Windows 10: Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters

Discus and support Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had an on-going problem as documented here: Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) It sounds like a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trale, Jun 22, 2016.

1. trale Win User

Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters

I've had an on-going problem as documented here:
    Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters)

It sounds like a very similar problem to what many others have reported regarding wifi problems with Windows 10:
    Windows 10 internet connection dead every two hours
    Connection drops completely when trying to use the Internet

And there's tons more complaints like this on Google if you do a search.

I've tried many things (as suggested in those threads), and so far none have worked. What I'm trying to do now is to manually set my wifi driver to something else, but Windows 10 isn't allowing me. I have plugged in two different USB wifi adapters (one is a Rosewill, the other is a newer one by Netgear), and I have installed the manufacturer driver files that come with those adapters, but it seems Windows 10 ignores it. When I go to my
    Device Manager → Network adapters → 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card → Properties

The driver listed is this:
    Driver Provider: MediaTek, Inc,
    Driver Date: 6/6/2014
    Driver Version: 5.1.16.0
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

I have tried to use the "Update Driver..." process to manually set it to manufacturer drivers. No dice. It just says "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

I also tried the "Uninstall" button to get rid of the MediaTek driver. But after I reboot the system, Windows 10 automatically installs it again. *Mad

It seems the surefire solution is to downgrade to Windows 7, but I don't want to go through that pain.

Can anyone help?

:)

trale, Jun 22, 2016

2. Wifi adapter problem

I used to use a Wifi adapter usb(using an usb extension cable) on my laptot (runing on Win 8.1) and it was working perfectly , but recently I changed the computer (a desktop running on Win10) . And I was surprised that the Wifi adapter doesn't work well
    on my new computer(only when im using the usb extension , but it works when I plug the wifi adapter only without extension) : it detects the wifi but I can't connect to any wifi point , everytime I try the wifi adapter is like restaring itself or something
    . I tried many things (to disable "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" ...)

Please help

imPerfecto, Jun 22, 2016
  3. n0n0s Win User
    Archer T4U can't connect

I tries several things such changing to Realtek adapter and turning off my antivirus. I installed the utility successfully and the last windows 10 64x drivers and as i can see the wifi adapter enabled, it can't connect so i can't see any networks. I tried
    diagnosis and it says that the problem is in the driver software. Does anybody has a suggestion?

n0n0s, Jun 22, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

What model Adapters are you trying? Many use chips that are the same and MediaTek may be the manufacturer.

pbcopter, Jun 23, 2016
  5. trale Win User
    I have a Rosewill RNX-N1/N1MAC, which is about 5 yrs old, and also a Netgear a6210 (802.11ac Dual Band with High Gain Antenna) which I bought about 1 yr ago.

BTW, can you go to your Device Manager → Network adapters → 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card → Properties and see what drivers your system has? Just curious.

trale, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters - Similar Threads - Can't change drivers

2. Wifi USB Adapter “Driver is Unavailable”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi USB Adapter “Driver is Unavailable”: So I recently bought an ASUS USB-AX55-Nano in order to help my computer connect to my internet, but once I set everything up, it did not work. I checked the device in Setting and below its name, it said “Driver is Unavailable”. I tried to find a suitable driver for it, but it...
  3. Wifi USB Adapter “Driver is Unavailable”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi USB Adapter “Driver is Unavailable”: So I recently bought an ASUS USB-AX55-Nano in order to help my computer connect to my internet, but once I set everything up, it did not work. I checked the device in Setting and below its name, it said “Driver is Unavailable”. I tried to find a suitable driver for it, but it...
  4. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  5. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  6. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  7. Setup Drivers for USB wifi Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup Drivers for USB wifi Adapter: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UnknownMythical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lviheo/setup_drivers_for_usb_wifi_adapter/
  8. Wifi Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  9. Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...: Problem #1: I have 3 Network adapters Ethernet, Wireless and Bluetooth All of them was working fine I have connection to Internet except When I right click on ANY of my network adapters and then on Properties, I am getting error "An unexpected error occurred": [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer but it didn't help. To check if the adapter is working i booted from a linux live usb and there the wifi is working fine. Can...