Windows 10: Can't change email password

Discus and support Can't change email password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 automatically attempted to sync my email information when I initially setup my computer. The problem is that is has an incorrect password (I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peoria gramma, May 11, 2016.

1. Can't change email password

Windows 10 automatically attempted to sync my email information when I initially setup my computer. The problem is that is has an incorrect password (I have no idea what it is or where it came from). I've changed the password every way I can think of, I've deleted the account many times and even restarted my computer to no avail. The incorrect password automatically returns. Does anyone have any wisdom to impart on how to change this incorrect password so that my account will sync?

:)

Peoria gramma, May 11, 2016

2. Help with access of laptop

I always login with my email on my laptop. Recently I had to change my email, but I can't change it on my laptop because I can't login with my new email or password.

Help

SandraSwank, May 11, 2016
  3. ChpSkt Win User
    email server password vs MS password

My main email account is my Microsoft Account user name. I recently change my email password for this account, but I can't change the password in the MS Mail 17.6525.... email app. When I try to change the email password it sends me to my Microsoft Account
    where my only option is to change my Microsoft account password (which won't be changed for 30 days . I don't want to change my MS account password, but my email service is broken on this computer until I can change the password. Yes, I can get my email
    with my browser, and my phone gets it just fine. I would, however, like to get all my email with the same app. Is there a way to do this?

ChpSkt, May 11, 2016
Thema:

Can't change email password

1. Can't change email password - Similar Threads - Can't change email

2. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  3. Change Email Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Email Password: Can I change my password without losing my profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-password/32a368cd-0b28-4889-9e45-b2c77229b5c3
  4. Cant change email password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant change email password: I'm trying to change my email password but since I dont remember the alternative email that I provided when creating it 12 years ago, I had to add security by providing another email address, however I have to wait 30 days to do so? Why? My email address is in jeopardy of...
  5. Change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  6. Change email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email password: I changed my MS Account password, but it doesn't work for my email account. Short of deleting my MS account which I don't know how to do and creating a new one, how do I change my email password to be the same as my MS Account password?...
  7. Spectrum email password change

Spectrum email password change: I am using the Windows Mail that came with my relatively new computer which has Windows 10 installed. I changed my Spectrum email password with Spectrum and I can use it fine to see my email when I log onto their site. However, I went through the process of changing my email...
  8. Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...

Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...: I know what my present *** Email address is removed for privacy *** password is, and it works fine. All I want to do it change that password to a new one.So I invoke Windows Live Mail, then: ACCOUNTS > PROPERTIES > SERVERSUnder the category "Incoming Mail Server" there is a...
  9. Changed password now can't receive emails

Changed password now can't receive emails: Hi, I recently received several requests to approve access to microsoft through Authenticator, but it wasn't me. So, I changed my password. Now, I can send emails from my hotmail account, but I can't receive any emails. I tried using several sources gmail and other...
  10. change email password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change email password: How can I change the password on my gmail account through windows live mail. I keep getting an error message that the user name and/or password are incorrect but the screen isn't giving me any way to change either of these. I have been using the same password for a long...