Windows 10: Cant Change Energy Plan

Discus and support Cant Change Energy Plan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello When i try to change my energy plan to balanced or even create a new one it automatically change to high performance. Already checked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dRn, Dec 2, 2016.

1. DRN
    dRn Win User

Cant Change Energy Plan

Hello

When i try to change my energy plan to balanced or even create a new one it automatically change to high performance.

Already checked for virus..

What can i do to fix this?

:)

2. Problem with WiFi Win 10 and Intel Wireless N2230

HEy thanks but I foudn the issue myself Cant Change Energy Plan :)

It was an automatic change to the energy saving options within windows. The network adapter was shut down after a while. Changed it in the energy saving plan to always on and it worked fine.

But thanks anyway Cant Change Energy Plan :)

Zipfelchen, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Kernel-power event 41 when in sleep mode

It is possible the the laptop is actually shutting off instead of going to sleep. Try to change power plan to balanced. Some laptops have like Energy Start/Hybrid Sleep plan active and may cause this.

Also try to turn off the Intel CPP Energy Management system in the advanced power settings. (If you have Intel laptop).

Yasshiel Zhang, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Cant Change Energy Plan

cottonball, Dec 3, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Really do not know how you thought that it could be a virus. If you are unable to create an energy plan, then something else is wrong with ACPI. What does Device Manager show? You need to also state if there is some kind of OEM loaded software that runs the energy plan.

bro67, Dec 3, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Do you use an SSD for your OS drive? If so, it will have it's own power plan to optimize the settings.

spunk, Dec 3, 2016
  7. DRN
    dRn Win User
    I figured it out.

It was a process from msi gaming app called msi_activex_service. It didnt let me change the energy plan, i removed it from startup and everything is normal again

Thanks guys

8. bro67 Win User

Cant Change Energy Plan

Not all SSD's have a program that allows you to make changes. Only certain ones have that option.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cant Change Energy Plan

1. Cant Change Energy Plan - Similar Threads - Cant Change Energy

2. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  3. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant add/remove power plans: Hello everybody,I have already tried everything to get my power plans on Windows 10, but I only have access to the balanced one which is kinda annoying.I tried: 1. Updating and deleting drivers2. Updating Windows3. Using CMD and Shell to restore powerschemes4. Using CMD to...
  4. Cant add/remove power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Energy consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Energy consumption: Mister Microsoft,Have you considered the huge amount of energy you are requesting with your windows updates?My computer is always updating. The CPU is full speed. The disk is full speed.That everybody knows, hates, and reported so many times.I can't use my computer...
  6. Cant change advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change advanced power plan options: I want to change the advanced settings for my power plan in windows 10 but they have taken away most of the options. I have tried to add them back with the regedit fix but the csenabled key isnt there anymore. Anyone with a fix please help. I am running the latest version of...
  7. Suddenly cant plan video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly cant plan video files: Today I routinely tried to play a WMV file, and I received the message: "Can't play. Choose somethine else to play. This item is in a format we dont support. oxc1010103 I tried an mp4 file, and the result was the same. As far as i can tell, I can no longer play any...
  8. Energy Profile automatic change

Energy Profile automatic change: Windows change automatic the profile of energy when open one app or game, that is a problem for me. how disable this behavior. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/energy-profile-automatic-change/7bdcd89e-26ee-4f2f-b001-4b33483e102d
  9. change of 0f plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change of 0f plan: because the windows 10 iso file didnt work im going to use windows 8.1 iso file and then update to windows 10, just wanted to know if this will work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-0f-plan/ae0ff64a-05ef-4edd-9991-bd319d7d7cdb
  10. power plan is changing

power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....