Windows 10: Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

Discus and support Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For months - changing the cursor in Windows 10 has not been working. I have added cursor files, saved profiles, - but when I reset the computer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben Pushka, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

For months - changing the cursor in Windows 10 has not been working.

I have added cursor files, saved profiles, - but when I reset the computer, the cursor is the default win-10 cursor.

I have never had this happen even once on any other version of Windows..

Are users only allowed to change the cursor for one computer session?

It would be less frustrating to just not allow people to change the cursor - and just force the win-10 one - like Apple does..

now it just seems that Win_10 was made by amateurs and is not at all working.

:)

Ben Pushka, Jul 29, 2018

2. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 29, 2018
  3. cursor changed shape

Hi Jilly,

One of the possible reasons that this issue occurs is due to configuration in settings or outdated drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue isolated in the Adobe application or all applications including desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you reset the mouse cursor settings by following these steps:

• Click on the Start button then type
      Mouse & Touchpad settings in search box and then press Enter.
    • Then, click on Additional Mouse Option and click the
      Pointers tab.
    • After that, click Use Default and click on
      Apply, then click on OK

If issue persists, follow these steps to update or uninstall your driver:

• Click the Start button, type “device manager” in the search box and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, double-click Mice and other pointing devices and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver or Uninstall, and then follow the instructions.

Note: If you uninstall your driver, just restart your computer for the device to be installed automatically.

Let us know the result after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Efraim Gar, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

1. Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default - Similar Threads - Can't change mouse

2. Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot: Every time I reboot, my Mouse Cursor Speed is reset and I must go into the Accessibility Setting to change it back to a usable speed. This began happening within the last two weeks. How can I permanently set the speed to prevent this? I have a RedThunder M10 Wired Optical...
  3. Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot: Every time I reboot, my Mouse Cursor Speed is reset and I must go into the Accessibility Setting to change it back to a usable speed. This began happening within the last two weeks. How can I permanently set the speed to prevent this? I have a RedThunder M10 Wired Optical...
  4. Mouse cursor changes in sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor changes in sensitivity: I have gone through 2 mice with this problem, one wired and one wireless. While I am playing various games or just working, my mouse will randomly change sensitivity, it could double or cut in half. Currently I have the sense turned all the way up and it is still moving very...
  5. Mouse cursor changes in sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor changes in sensitivity: I have gone through 2 mice with this problem, one wired and one wireless. While I am playing various games or just working, my mouse will randomly change sensitivity, it could double or cut in half. Currently I have the sense turned all the way up and it is still moving very...
  6. Mouse Cursor change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor change: Mouse cursor changing from pointer to plus sign in body of page on google chrome. It is Pointer on tabs and can move and select normally. As soon as i cross into body of page it turns to plus sign and the body turn blue. Cannot select. Think it must be a Google setting as...
  7. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  8. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  9. Changing mouse cursors

Changing mouse cursors: All windows 10 mouse cursors are really ugly is there some cool alternatives with how to install ? Thanks 129868
  10. I can't change my mouse cursor.

I can't change my mouse cursor.: I'm using windows 10 HP and I'm trying to change my mouse cursor but I can't do it. Can anyone help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-mouse-cursor/17748c16-fb4a-40a9-aad4-d9d198a6a69f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c# cant change to default cursor