Windows 10: Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

Discus and support Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unfortunately getting your IP on a blacklist is very common ... I have a few links that check for malicious/blacklisted IP's Is it Hacked? URL/IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Probe, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

I don't agree that blacklisting an IP is common. It has only happened to me (or my clients) once in over 30 years (yes, there was an Internet before WWW).

It is common to be blacklisted across the board though. Companies, such as BrightCloud provide service to many companies. Their, or similar service, blacklist gets propagated everywhere. If your IP is in the list, you can ask your provider contact their provider to remove your IP. It takes a few cycles to get the updated blacklist out, but it isn't difficult nor should it require hiring someone to clean up the blacklist.

Thanks for the links that check if an IP is on the list.

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2016
  2. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Jun 19, 2016
  3. I've seen it take two weeks or more to clear the field *Wink

Not every company applies updates immediately and some only do so on a scheduled manitenance basis, so it takes a while

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

Sorry I missed this question and I realize that you already marked this OP as solved but no you don't have to use a static IP to set a DNS server of your choosing. I have 3 computers and it just makes it easier to remember and connect to them with static IP's on each.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

1. Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server - Similar Threads - Can't change DNS

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  4. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changing my DNS Servers: Hi, my windows installation is always changing my DNS servers to 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3 every time the machine is restarted, i keep changing to another DNS Servers and after the restart windows changes....
  5. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changing my DNS Servers: Hi, my windows installation is always changing my DNS servers to 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3 every time the machine is restarted, i keep changing to another DNS Servers and after the restart windows changes....
  6. Can't change DNS server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change DNS server: I'm trying change DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 in my Wi-Fi propeties in IPv4 propeties, but always appear error like thisnot long time ago it can change, how to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-dns-server/e9645394-7ac0-4b91-ab22-eea9f832d869
  7. My DNS Server keeps changing.

My DNS Server keeps changing.: My DNS keeps changing, idk why... microsoft can you help me fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dns-server-keeps-changing/2f85b43c-7e3a-4a7e-aa89-90cb81fc8515
  8. Change DNS Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change DNS Server: When changing DNS Server do you need to change only Internet Protocol Version 4 or you need to change Internet Protocol Version 6 as well? From what Ive read some include IPv6 some don't so I dont know if I should change both or just IPv4. I wanted to change to Cloudflare...
  9. Change Preferred DNS server

Change Preferred DNS server: Hello have fresh installation Windows 10 (up to date), version 1803, build 17134.320 In network configuration Prefered DNS server always has value 172.0.0.1. I make the change to my need and after save and flush DNS ipconfig /flushdns value get back to 172.0.0.1 Thank you...
  10. Changing DNS server

Changing DNS server: Can I use either one of these to change my DNS server. I have a T-Mobile version of the ASUS TM-AC1900 router. The ASUS does not seem to have an alternate address input 92132