Windows 10: Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.

Discus and support Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64bit - ver 1703 Hi, I have problem with start menu, setting and layout can not be changed (I could change them, but the setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by phamthanhnhan, May 15, 2017.

1. Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit - ver 1703

Hi,
    I have problem with start menu, setting and layout can not be changed (I could change them, but the setting won't effect and layout will be reset everytime)

At first, the problem didn't present until I try to pin some *.exe files and arrange them.

1: This is the start menu setting, althought i can turn them on/off, however, there is no affect to the start menu and they reset everytime I open setting again (they stuck to those setting)

Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction. [​IMG]

2: Right-click at 'weather app' and unpin it from start already, but then it still pop-up unpin from start (that should be pin to start)

Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction. [​IMG]

:)

phamthanhnhan, May 15, 2017

2. can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin

I am having the exact same problem, but I have windows 10 home. Any advice?

ElizabethPop, May 15, 2017
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin

Hi,

Since you're using Windows 10 Enterprise, this issue is best handled by our
    Business Professionals. You can contact them through this
    link, then choose your preferred option.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.

1. Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction. - Similar Threads - Can't change start

2. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  3. Can't unpin from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  4. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.: Windows 10 Start Menu is Locked. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu. I have also tried this command in Powershell - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But my...
  5. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  6. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  7. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.: Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The same problem is with the...
  8. start menu malfunction

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu malfunction: hi to all from Mally;Ok i just upgraded to win 10 from win 7 two days ago;it was a longish process but all went well until yesterday when the bottom left start button wouldn,t open.After reading a lot of comments from various forums I have come to the conclusion that cleaning...
  9. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change start menu setting