Windows 10: cant change windows edge from bing to google

Discus and support cant change windows edge from bing to google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; how do i change my edge to google is my question.Also i did the upgrade but it also keep my old operating system and even though im administrator it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by musky, Jul 29, 2015.

1. musky Win User

cant change windows edge from bing to google

how do i change my edge to google is my question.Also i did the upgrade but it also keep my old operating system and even though im administrator it wont allow me to remove it should i do a fresh install.

:)

musky, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JaneyW Win User

How to get rid of bing as default on edge

im trying to get google as my default search engine on EDGE ,but my laptop insists on using bing ? How can i get rid of bing I hate it ,its useless.I want to google. I have changed the default in settings it works once then every other tab opens up with
    bing and I cant remove bing from the search engine choices

*Moved thread to appropriate category by moderator.

JaneyW, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

caperjack, Jul 29, 2015
  5. xXTenXx Win User
    Change your home page - Microsoft Windows

xXTenXx, Jul 29, 2015
  6. musky Win User
    why did they release this if it,s not ready to even change the serch provider?

musky, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Of course it's ready. It's the search engines that aren't ready. Thankfully, Google is and has been for a few days.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

Flickr.com is the only choice i get when I try to change it

caperjack, Jul 29, 2015
  9. kenC Win User
    Did you go to your preferred search engines website first ?

10. musky Win User
    how do i get there?also if i send something to favorites bar it does not show up.

musky, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    You enter google.com in the address bar. Once you've visited the site, it will show up in your search providers. Assuming the search engine supports opensearch (which google does now, at least in the US).

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    that worked ,thanks

caperjack, Jul 29, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

un zip the file and follow the steps recorder .

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant change windows edge from bing to google - Similar Threads - cant change edge

2. edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error

in Browsers and Email
    edge cant bing, or youtube, gives reset error: It went from edge error to chrome error was a similar error, google product forum also not working, google searches worked. Tried many things to fic Chrome following web advice. Finally uninstalled Chrome and all data. Installed Firefox, youtube worked. Downloaded and...
  3. change start menu search from bing to google

in Cortana
    change start menu search from bing to google: when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen. I don't like bing and it gives...
  4. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  5. Win 10 change from Bing to Google

in Cortana
    Win 10 change from Bing to Google: How to change from Bing to Google and uninstall Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-change-from-bing-to-google/c04f91b0-8a78-44de-851b-c56809180c47"
  6. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  7. Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Edge/Bing to Firefox/Google as default when using Win key, pls?: Using Windows 10 Home After pressing Windows key, typing a word, then clicking on 'word' - see web results, Edge opens to a Bing search page. I must have missed something when setting Windows up after a recent fresh install 1 How can I change the search engine from Bing...
  8. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  9. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...
  10. Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google: After installing Win10 I changed my default search engine from Bing to Google (Settings, View advanced settings, etc). Edge now opens with Google for the first tab but any subsequent tabs revert back to Bing/MSN. This also happens, incidentally, with Internet Explorer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cnt change from bing to google in edge