Windows 10: Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?

Discus and support Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Easiest way to fix this? Never had an issue before. Really bizarre. 77218 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pittguy578, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?

Easiest way to fix this?
    Never had an issue before. Really bizarre.

:)

pittguy578, Feb 13, 2017
  2. TJCC78 Win User

Computer will not access any system recovery options

Cannot access anything. No system tools or anything. Gives error message upon trying to get into troubleshooting. File explorer shows NOTHING in drive C:, no ownership, no size nothing. Can't reset or system restore.

The buttons in the settings for backup/recovery won't work. Can't get into disk management. Keeps saying Windows cannot access drive C:....

TJCC78, Feb 13, 2017
  3. VllXC Win User
    Unable to access C:drive - User accounts deleted - Windows 10

update

- I can't re-add the users by right clicking the C drive and going in that way

- I can't run cmd as admin I get the following error 'Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'

- I can run cmd normally

VllXC, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?

If it cant access its not good best bet is go to makers site they normally have a free bootable test program to test the disk specific to their disk

Samuria, Feb 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Restart the PC and try again.

If you still have problems, we need more details. Exactly how are you trying to check the C drive? From a command prompt? From File Explorer? Are you using chkdsk or something else? What's the wording of the error message?

6. I am trying to run it from file Explorer like I have always done.

pittguy578, Feb 13, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Is that by a right-click on C, Properties, Tools tab, 'Check' button? What was the wording of the error message? Have you tried the restart yet?

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk?

1. Can't check C Drive for Errors-Windows can't access disk? - Similar Threads - Can't check Drive

2. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  3. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  4. I can't access my c drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my c drive .: I changed my c drive security settings and given permissions to someone. Now i don't trace the permission whom i given. I couldn't access the c drive and some files are corrupted i think. My one drive is also not working....
  5. I can't access my c drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my c drive .: I changed my c drive security settings and given permissions to someone. Now i don't trace the permission whom i given. I couldn't access the c drive and some files are corrupted i think. My one drive is also not working....
  6. C drive Error checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive Error checking: I'm having an issue with my C drive where on boot windows will do a scan and repair on the drive. This happens every time on startup no matter what.This started after I completely reset my pc through windows settings.I'm not sure what's wrong but I've tried a couple thing...
  7. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed I recently bought a new MSI Alpha 15 A3dd Last night I tried to change a property on an Turbo c++ , and the machine told me 'Access denied' and the Security pop-up was...
  8. C drive disk check every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive disk check every boot: I have the check disk every boot for a good while now. I’ve tried most solutions e.g. running chkdsk from cmd, disabling chkdsk then running it from cmd, running chkdsk /r and /f. According to CrystalDisk Info the drive is still healthy 96%. I haven’t done reinstall windows...
  9. Can't access files on old C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access files on old C: drive: Recently my old C: drive died on me. Computer randomly restarted during a game then wouldn't boot up. Happened to have a spare SSD and most of my files are stored on other drives so I went ahead and turned that into my new boot drive. I'd been meaning to update to an SSD for...
  10. Help! I can't access Drive C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! I can't access Drive C:: I open file exploler and i go to drive c. Instead of showing how much space is used, it show a word 'NTFS'. Here's a picture of it.[ATTACH] Somebody please help me!...