Windows 10: Can't click "Best Match" on Start Menu Search

Discus and support Can't click "Best Match" on Start Menu Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Today my "Control Panel" apps/shortcuts on the Start Menu search have stopped working. Happened half way through the morning after installing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wipesh, Dec 18, 2016.

1. wipesh Win User

Can't click "Best Match" on Start Menu Search

Hi,

Today my "Control Panel" apps/shortcuts on the Start Menu search have stopped working. Happened half way through the morning after installing a new printer.

Examples:

Can't click "Best Match" on Start Menu Search [​IMG]

None of the above items work when clicked (except the items which cause a menu, e.g. "Apps").

However:

Clicking on Edge does work here.

It seems to be only apps/shortcuts that open in the new control panel. I can open the panel and navigate to them the hard way but that's not the point. Also, within the new control panel I'm seeing the "search results are not yet ready" message (which I think has the same underlying cause):

I've tried rebuilding the search cache (didn't work) and altering the region settings. This does work if I leave the region as "US" but fails again when I go back to "UK" settings.

Anyone care to help?

Cheers,

Pat

:)

wipesh, Dec 18, 2016

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Dec 18, 2016
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Dec 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, reading between the lines you may have two separate issues.
    1. If you have incompletely changed the language (it's more than one action) then searching Settings will fail with "search results are not yet ready"
    2. The shortcut response. Now that may be a consequence of (1).

So I suggest you first resolve (1) and fully set the language to one thing or the other (which includes Speech language (another download) as well as the display language), and get searching Settings working.

If language settings are incompletely changed, you will usually find an indication in Cortana's box (e.g. windows key + S).

Yes, language change should have been wizard based, but I guess MS didn't think it through.

dalchina, Dec 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't click "Best Match" on Start Menu Search - Similar Threads - Can't click Best

2. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  3. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  4. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken links in "Best Match" search results

in Cortana
    Broken links in "Best Match" search results: Hi,For a long time now I've had problems with search in Windows 10. I'm currently on build 18363. I have web results turned off via gpe and I do not want to use Cortana.The issue: Searching in the task bar often returns dead links. Even for MS Edge. It looks something like...
  6. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  7. [Start Search] Disable Best Match Result Preview?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Start Search] Disable Best Match Result Preview?: Hi all, Just updated in the first time after probably 2 years (couldn't update before, long story), and i notice that the start search is now way wider and has this really annoying preview option that's essentially useless. How do i disable that? (through registry editing,...
  8. Search not finding files in best match from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding files in best match from the Start Menu: Every time I open the start menu and type a few characters of a file I'm looking for Windows doesn't find it. For example if I type 'art' Windows shows me the Paint app whereas I am looking for a file in my documents that contains the word 'Art', now if I click the find...
  9. Can't click on results of "Best match" in Windows search (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on results of "Best match" in Windows search (Win10): Hi all, I need help because this is driving me crazy. Suddenly I can't click (or press enter) on most icons best match suggests as they seem to be dead. It seems to be mostly app-related since I can't do it for matches like Chrome, Drive, Word... but it seems to be...
  10. Start menu search not showing partial matches

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not showing partial matches: Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that. For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu best match cant click