Windows 10: Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3

Discus and support Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After exiting Dirt 3, I can't click on anything. Well most things, the odd one works, but mostly it's as though there's a pane of glass on top of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hucker, Dec 26, 2017.

1. hucker Win User

Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3

After exiting Dirt 3, I can't click on anything. Well most things, the odd one works, but mostly it's as though there's a pane of glass on top of all the programs. Restarting explorer.exe (via the task manager) doesn't help, I have to restart Windows.

:)

hucker, Dec 26, 2017

2. Can't click on anything.

For those wondering im on my phone typing this

Hello, for the past days my pc hasnt been working. I start it up everything is fine then when i go to open so applications such as steam then dont launch. The spinning circle appears for a second and then dissapears. When i click on google chrome the page
    is white and then once i enter full screen with it the sides go black. Spotifiy on launch only has the bar at the top. I cant even get into my settings. I manually have to turn my pc off because i cant hit the button.

-Another problem I am having is once i try to launch something as administrator the yes and no options dont appear and I am met with a darker version of back desktop backround.

- Ive tried reseting my pc in safe mode because thats the only way I can click on stuff, but it says something went wrong.

I hope some one can help me. Thank you.

Ethan12347, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Can't click on anything.

See if you can get into Safe Mode with Networking by one of the methods in
    How to enter Windows 10's Safe Mode | PCWorld
    . If not Safe Mode w/ Networking then plain Safe Mode.

In Safe Mode go over the
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community

to check the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance and any needed repairs get done.
    Try to start Windows normally.

If this fails try whatever method works to get into
    Advanced Startup Options
    including if necessary to
    Create Windows 10 Installation Media
    on another PC, boot by powering up PC while pressing

BIOS Boot Menu Key
    , choose UEFI version of media if offered, on second screen click Repair Your Computer. In Advanced Troubleshooting Options try System Restore, Startup Repair, or from the Command Prompt try the repair commands in the Checklist
    link above.

Your account may be corrupted so you can try from the same Command Prompt to
    Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or 10
    to boot into it to try the same Checklist, if necessary
    Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10
    with Admin privileges, test it runs all programs, copy your files over and then delete the old account after if necessary

Switch back to a local account from a Microsoft account
    to be able to delete it and then change the new account to your MS account.

If all else fails you can from the Troubleshoot options
    Reset Your Windows 10 PC
    or using the same booted media do the gold-standard

Clean Install Windows 10
    which compiles a better install of Windows than you could pay for. There is a step to rescue files first.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 26, 2017
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Is it the Dirt 3 Complete Edition or the Games For Windows Live version?

MrNeeds, Jan 3, 2018
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    MrNeeds, Jan 4, 2018
  6. hucker Win User
    I don't think it's a Windows problem, as I play several games and no others do it.

I ran the sfc command and it said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Oh another thing I forgot to mention, the game doesn't run full screen. I have to use a maximised window. Every other game runs full screen. Alt-enter seems to change briefly to fullscreen then straight back. Perhaps something wrong with what it thinks the graphics card or resolution is? Or direct X screwing up?

hucker, Jan 4, 2018
  7. MrNeeds Win User
    Possibly, Alt-enter should work for full screen, I'd be checking the integrity of the game files, something doesn't seem right, assuming you got it on steam, right click the game and go to properties, under local files tab, choose verify integrity of game files and see if there's any issues with the download, it'll auto download new files to overwrite the corrupted files.

MrNeeds, Jan 4, 2018
  8. hucker Win User

It wasn't from steam so I can't do that. Ah well, a reboot after the game always fixes it.

hucker, Jan 4, 2018
  9. MrNeeds Win User
    Maybe a re-install will fix it? Good luck either way.

MrNeeds, Jan 4, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    Where/how did you get the game?

11. axe0 New Member
    If you don't open up to us, you limit our options to help.
    Please tell us where / how you have a copy of the game.

It was already clear that the place / website is unofficial when you said "It wasn't from steam.". If it was through a CD or xbox or anything official you would've mentioned it.

12. hucker Win User
    Piratebay. So I take it one of the files ain't quite right?

hucker, Jan 4, 2018
  13. hucker Win User

Actually, one other game has recently started behaving badly. Civilisation VI (which I paid for on steam). When I tell it to exit, it doesn't. I have to kill it with the task manager.

hucker, Jan 5, 2018
  14. Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't click on anything after exiting Dirt 3 - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Windows 10 : Can't close anything during or after exiting gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : Can't close anything during or after exiting gaming: Hello Community,I have that Lenovo Legion T5 since November :https://www.lenovo.com/fr/fr/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-desktops/legion-t-series-towers/Lenovo-Legion-T5-26AMR5/p/99LE9500368So :CPU : AMD ryzen 5900xGPU : Nvidia Geforce 3700 I couldn't see its manufacturerRAM...
  3. Windows 10 : Can't close anything during or after exiting gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 : Can't close anything during or after exiting gaming: Hello Community,I have that Lenovo Legion T5 since November :https://www.lenovo.com/fr/fr/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-desktops/legion-t-series-towers/Lenovo-Legion-T5-26AMR5/p/99LE9500368So :CPU : AMD ryzen 5900xGPU : Nvidia Geforce 3700 I couldn't see its manufacturerRAM...
  4. Windows 10 : Can't close anything during or after exiting gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't Click On Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click On Anything: Hello Microsoft community, I'm experiencing an issue that seems to be half resolved. I can't left or right click on anything after startup. The solution I found for this was to open Task Manager Control+Shift+Esc>end explorer.exe>run new task>enter explorer.exe. This...
  6. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything: So last night i was using my computer as usual, talking to my friends on discord, when i realized that i couldnt click anywhere other than discord. I restarted explorer.exe cus i thought it would fix it, and it did so i used my pc for a bit normally thinking the problem was a...
  7. Can't click on anything?

Can't click on anything?: I just got my laptop got windows 10 on it but when i plug my mouse into it i can't click on anything. I can move the mouse around and hover over stuff but i can't click on anything. Any help? submitted by /u/ninja438 [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't click anything

Can't click anything: can't click my start button or the search button next to it. the windows store and internet explorer dont open. Any fixes? submitted by /u/195iQDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fknct3/cant_click_anything/
  9. Can't click on anything

Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  10. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click on anything: Today i was changing some settings in the bios, and after i restarted the pc i couldnt click on anything (but i could still move the mouse). I was able to create a new admin account on my pc and now i can use the mouse again. How can i get my mouse to work in my main...