Windows 10: Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts

Discus and support Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm having this weird bug where I can't click any of my start menu shortcuts when I search up the program (typing) I'm trying to execute but if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfg555, Jul 29, 2017.

1. dfg555 Win User

Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts

So I'm having this weird bug where I can't click any of my start menu shortcuts when I search up the program (typing) I'm trying to execute but if I manually look for it (using scroll wheel) and clicking on the shortcut the program will execute? I've tried rebuilding my Indexing Options and yes turning the computer off and on. Also tried sfc /scannow and found no problems.

:)

dfg555, Jul 29, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop?

Bringing up the Start menu, left clicking on Microsoft Edge and holding the button down while dragging the icon to the desktop did create a desktop shortcut for me on 240. I agree that you can't drag the Task bar's Edge icon, and so can't create the shortcut
    that way, and that right clicking the Start menu Edge icon doesn't give you a menu item to create a desktop shortcut.

So, yes, most of us can create a desktop shortcut for Edge on Windows 10, but not the same way as we might have created a desktop shortcut in previous Windows versions.

Are we missing a detail somewhere.

pc-learner, Jul 29, 2017
  3. Calculator keyboard shortcuts don't work in Windows 10!

You'll need to create the shortcut key yourself. I just did it so I'll walk you through:

Click on Start, right click on Calculator app in Apps Menu to Pin to Start, then drag the Start menu icon to Desktop to create a Shortcut. Right click on Shortcut to open Properties, enter desired key into Shortcut field. Any key will work if it's accepted.
    I tried F1, Ctrl Alt C but you can choose your own although I wouldn't use a number or letter that will inadvertently open it when typing or adding.

It will appear that you can't enter anything into the field since you can't clear the field. But it will accept desired shortcut keys to replace the text present. I wonder how many give up because of this.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this problem has been reported a very few times before, but no real solution. Here are some things that didn't help..
    Can't click on results of in Windows search (Win10) - Windows 10 Forums

You could try creating a new user, and see if it works then. If so, you could consider migrating to that new account- which may not be easy.

If you've found a solution meantime, please post back.

dalchina, Aug 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts - Similar Threads - Can't click Start

2. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  6. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  7. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar: Hi, I've recently had to "Fresh Start" my Windows 10 install after having a problem I couldn't resolve in any other way. Since then, the original problems have all but cleared up, but now I have a new one that I can't recreate every time or figure out how to resolve. From...
  9. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  10. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant click on start menu