Windows 10: Can't configure Realtek Digital Output

Discus and support Can't configure Realtek Digital Output in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Realtek onboard audio device connected via optical to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver's built-in 5 channel test works fine. I just noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Aug 25, 2018.

1. imacken Win User

Can't configure Realtek Digital Output

I have a Realtek onboard audio device connected via optical to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver's built-in 5 channel test works fine.
    I just noticed that if I do a 5.1 channel test on my computer, I am getting no sound from my surround speakers. Left and right surround come from the front left and right.
    Looking at the Sound control panel, I am unable to configure the Realtek device as the option is greyed out. Any help on this?

Can't configure Realtek Digital Output [​IMG]

:)

imacken, Aug 25, 2018

2. Update KB4038788 and Realtek digital output

After installing the KB4038788 update, I found that I had no audio output from my Realtek digital output, which is routed via optical cable to amplifier. I noticed that Device Manager says "Device not migrated". I updated the Realtek driver, but this has
    made no difference.

Also since installing the update, Cakwalk Sonar Platinum crashes on launch.

PeterCudmore, Aug 25, 2018
  3. cullin Win User
    cant get 5.1 on realtek digital output?

cullin, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't configure Realtek Digital Output - Similar Threads - Can't configure Realtek

2. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  3. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  4. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek Digital Output Optical device missing after Windows 1909 update

Realtek Digital Output Optical device missing after Windows 1909 update: So I updated my Windows 10 to 1909 and the optical output device was simply removed from devices. The only digital output now visible is the non-optical output 3.5 mm rear jack.I have ASUS Crosshair VII with motherboard's integrated audio.Everything has been working perfectly...
  6. alienware aurora r7 no realtek digital output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alienware aurora r7 no realtek digital output: hi, i am trying to be able to switch from my headphones to my speakers (like without unplugging my headphone jack everytime i want to use speakers.) on my pc they are the same jack and i don't have the digital output software to be able to switch them, anyone know where i...
  7. Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...: I've got an MSI GT70-0NC laptop, i7-3610QM, GTX670M, Win10Px64. I've recently tried to connect a Turtle Beach PX5 wireless 5.1 headset via S/PDIF for gaming, but find that I can no longer set the function of the combined headphone/5.1 L-R out/optical port when hotplugging....
  8. Realtek Digital Output not connected

Realtek Digital Output not connected: Helloguys my Realtek Digital Output says it's not connected, I'm getting audio however I think this is the case to me not being able to get audio from Steam Apps. I'm on Windows 10 also. I'm also on a Laptop. The things I have tried Update my Drivers Go to Win+R and type...
  9. Can't configure Realtek Digital Output

Can't configure Realtek Digital Output: I have a Realtek onboard audio device connected via optical to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver's built-in 5 channel test works fine. I just noticed that if I do a 5.1 channel test on my computer, I am getting no sound from my surround speakers. Left and right surround come...
  10. cant get 5.1 on realtek digital output?

cant get 5.1 on realtek digital output?: so today i tried hooking up a surround sound system to my pc via optical cable and when i go into my playback devices and to my realtek digital output i only have dual channel options presented to me and can not figure out why i cant get a 5.1 channel. 90205

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant configure realtek digital output

2. why cant i configure realtek digital audio

3. realtek audio windows 10

4. windows 10 realtek 5.1 digital output working in manager not from speakers,
  5. realtek hdmi,
  6. s/pdif,
  7. high definition audio,
  8. cant configure speakers in realtek,
  9. cant configue realtek digital output,
  10. configure option greyed out for realtek digital output (optical),
  11. cant configure digital output,
  12. cant donfigure realtek digital output,
  13. windows 10 cant configure realtek,
  14. cant configure realtek digital