Windows 10: Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer

Discus and support Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I am setting up new workstations in my office that are connected to a domain server. I've got everything up and running on my workstation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Camaroon15, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer

Hi everyone. I am setting up new workstations in my office that are connected to a domain server. I've got everything up and running on my workstation fine, and have added my personal Microsoft account and my work 365 account to the computer. However, when I go to "Sync Your Settings", I don't have the option to turn on Sync and there's a message in red that says "Some Windows features are only available if you are using a Microsoft Account or work account". As mentioned, my Microsoft account is added under Email & app accounts, I am signed in to Cortana, I'm signed in to the feedback hub, signed in to email, etc. I had this set up on my previous workstation without any issues. If someone could lend a hand I'd appreciate it, thanks!

:)

Camaroon15, Jul 18, 2018
  2. G. Sauer Win User

Cannot connect Microsoft account to domain account

When I go to settings, accounts, your account and I click "add a Microsoft account" a new windows opens.

Problem is I see "Just a moment" and about 2 seconds later the window closes and I wasn't able to provide my Microsoft login credentials.

There are no accounts listed under "Other accounts you use".

So I cannot connect my accounts because the window closes - I can't see any error messages.

Is there a workaround, powershell command or registry solution?

Thanks

Background

I just installed a clean version of windows 10 edu connected to my domain. And I'm logged in with a domain account. There are no policies set to change any behavior of connecting the accounts. In win 8 and 8.1 it worked seamlessly.

G. Sauer, Jul 18, 2018
  3. active domain

Hello,

There are ways to view your computer's domain name in Windows 10. You can follow the steps below to view your computer's domain name (If your computer is connected to a domain):

• Right-click on the Start button and select System.
    • Click on the Advance system settings link on the left pane.
    • On the Advance system settings window, you can see the
      Domain column
      with the domain name if you computer is
      connected to a domain
      or Workgroup if you computer is
      connected to a workgroup

To join an active domain, you need to take note of the following:

• A User Account on the Domain.
    • Name of Domain.
    • Computer running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise/Education editions.
    • Domain Controller must be running Windows Server 2003 (functional level or later).

• On the Windows 10 PC go to Settings > System > About then click
      Join a domain.
    • Enter the Domain name and click Next.
    • Enter account information which is used to authenticate on the Domain then click
      OK.
    • Wait while your computer is authenticated on the Domain.
    • Click Next.
    • And then you’ll need to restart your computer to complete the process.
    • When the sign in screen appears, you will notice the
      DOMAIN\User account
      is displayed. Enter your password and you will now be logged onto your Domain.

You will notice that once you are connected to the Domain, the About settings no longer list options that were presented before. This is because your computer is centrally managed by the server.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer

Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer

1. Can't Connect Microsoft Account On A Domain Computer - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Microsoft

2. can't sign in to microsoft computer account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't sign in to microsoft computer account.: i can't sign in to my microsoft pc account, i can sign in to my browser account but cant on my pc, i just bought a new pc since the old was was getting slow and too old 6-7 years old now, now i have bought a pre built account and everything else is running fine but i cant...
  3. Can't add or work school account on domain computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add or work school account on domain computers: Got into the office this morning and tried to add a work account to a user's computer. It no longer allows me to and gives me the message below. How can I fix this so my users are allowed to add accounts under their profiles?I added two group policy objects yesterday for an...
  4. Can't add or work school account on domain computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add or work school account on domain computers: Got into the office this morning and tried to add a work account to a user's computer. It no longer allows me to and gives me the message below. How can I fix this so my users are allowed to add accounts under their profiles?I added two group policy objects yesterday for an...
  5. Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have second "non-domain" account on domain joined computer: Hi there, my company is providing me with a laptop for work which we can use for personal stuff. It comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and is domain joined. I have created a second "local" user for my personal use. The only thing now is, that that user still seems to be...
  6. Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain: Trying to associate my Microsoft account to my home computer that is joined to my home domain using Server 2019 essentials. I go to Settings -> Accounts -> E-Mail & Accounts Then click on "Add a Microsoft Account" I'm able to enter my e-mail address, and password in the...
  7. Computer can't sign in to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer can't sign in to microsoft account: My laptop hasn't been able to sign me in to my Microsoft account despite several reboots and logins. Each time, I'm given a temporary account and told that it can often be fixed by simply signing out and signing back in. No luck. At first I thought it was an internet...
  8. Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting a Microsoft account to a domain account Windows 10: Hi Everyone, I was wondering how I could connect my Microsoft account to my domain account at work? Would I then be able to access the network drives from home by logging into my Microsoft account if they were both connected? Would anyone be able to help with this? Thanks...
  9. RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP connection to computer with microsoft account: Hello, I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account. Upon entering the string...
  10. Can't connect to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't connect to Microsoft account: First of all, it's my fault. I accidentally deleted 'Microsoft' subfolder from Roaming folder, and after that, I just can't link my local Windows account to my Microsoft account. It always says the basic failure messages. What should I do? How could I restore the original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect microsoft account

2. microsoft account on domain computers

3. Connect Microsoft Account to Domain Account

4. link domain account to microsft account,
  5. connect your domain account to your microsoft account,
  6. connect domain to microsoft account,
  7. Associate Microsoft Account in windows 10 domain computer?,
  8. cant join domain with microsoft account,
  9. logged onto a work computer with personal microsoft account now cant get it off,
  10. link microsoft account with domain account,
  11. cant add microsoft account on domain computer,
  12. cant connect personal microsoft account to windows