Windows 10: Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update

Discus and support Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last time I visited my uni library I was unable to connect to the wifi network, even tho it worked perfectly fine the previous time. The only thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alfred001, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update

Last time I visited my uni library I was unable to connect to the wifi network, even tho it worked perfectly fine the previous time. The only thing I can think of that has changed in the interim is this new Win10 update.

Can anyone think of any reason why Win10 might have affected my ability to connect to my uni's wifi?

I can connect to my home wifi just fine.

I can still connect to the uni wifi on my phone.

I ran the installer that sets my laptop up for the uni wifi over again and it didn't fix the issue.

:)

Alfred001, Dec 8, 2017
  2. ACL8150 Win User

WIFI issues after December 2017 Windows Update

Since the update, I cannot connect to my home WIFI network. Saw a suggestion somewhere to turn my connection to metered, which seems to be working - but what's the fix for the Wifi connectivity issue with this latest update?

ACL8150, Dec 8, 2017
  3. jmakukzz Win User
    latest windows 10 updates log on wifi issue

Since installing latest Windows 10 updates this week - my laptop won't connect to the wifi network without me having to put in my wifi security passcode.

Before I installed latest windows 10 updates, as soon as I switched on laptop I was connected to my wifi network. Anybody else have this problem ?

Just wondered why is this happening ??

jmakukzz, Dec 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Reinstall your network adapter by removing the device and drivers in Device Manager, then reboot.

bro67, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    Are you sure that's it? I figure if the problem was with the network adapter than it wouldn't connect to anything, but it connects to my home wifi fine.

Alfred001, Dec 10, 2017
  6. This is probably something you'll have to check with your university's IT department since we don't know what sort of WiFi configuration they are using.

PolarNettles, Dec 11, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Yes, standard troubleshooting is to remove the device and drivers from Device Manager and let Windows reinstall, wiping out any previous connections. That also includes clearing out the IP Table. If you are still having issues connecting to your university, check with the IT department to see if your MAC may be blacklisted in their system.

bro67, Dec 11, 2017
  8. Alfred001 Win User

That did it, thank you!

Alfred001, Dec 12, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    I know this is a solved thread... but there seems to be some weirdness going on with FCU networking and DHCP...

In my case after wake from sleep all network adapters go AWOL with the "does not have a valid IP address" thingy on all adapters - my phone connects to the router fine but can't be used as a hotspot either... only thing that helps is Network reset which requires a reboot (restore point and even a Macrium restore made no difference...)

Superfly, Dec 12, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Superfly: I notice that I get error messages since FCU when waking from sleep to the effect that I have no Internet connection. But as soon as the machine starts up and going again (usually within 30 seconds or so) network access resumes normally. Weird.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update - Similar Threads - Can't connect wifi

2. WiFi connection error,can't connect to this network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection error,can't connect to this network: Hi i recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 7 where I was able to use my realtek wireless network adapter 2.0 to connect to my mobile hotspot 2.4ghz , WPA2 - PERSONAL , but after the upgrade I wasn't able to connect to hotspot...
  3. WIFI : Can't connect to this network!!

WIFI : Can't connect to this network!!: from 3 to 5 days whenever I tried to connect wifi network to my windows 10 pc it says cant connect to this network. how to resolve this issue?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-cant-connect-to-this-network/9c38f3a7-9acd-47a9-8fff-cd22c42b80ae
  4. can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network

can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network: i noticed that the wifi logo change [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-connect-to-own-wifi-network-but-cant-connect/1464a6dc-5529-475e-95ca-9264272676b6
  5. Can't connect to this network (WiFi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to this network (WiFi): I go to UT Austin and my apartment runs on MyCampusNet. It randomly stopped working today saying "can't connect to this network." I've tried many things such as: manually reinstalling & updating ac adapter drivers re-enabling adapter disabling firewalls flushing dns...
  6. Can't connect to a particular wifi network

Can't connect to a particular wifi network: laptop running Win 10 18362. Wifi Adaptor: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn I have a newly installed internet connection with a new router. I can connect to the wifi using all my other devices but not the laptop, but I can connect to all other networks using this laptop. The wifi...
  7. Can't connect to WiFi Networks

Can't connect to WiFi Networks: I'm having a serious and ongoing issue connecting to Wifi networks. I've lost hours of productivity due to this issue and continue to do so. Please help me resolve these issues as they are preventing me from doing work and making the money I need to survive. ISSUE: When I...
  8. Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.: Since the latest Window's 10 up-date, I have been un-able to connect to the wifi at either my work or home router unless I am 20 cm from the gizmo. I have tried the resets and the advice provided by the virtual assistant to no avail, please help. ***Changed Original Title...
  9. Can't connect to WiFi network

Can't connect to WiFi network: I cannot connect my PC to WiFi. I need WiFi driver 107454
  10. Wifi wont connect since latest update

Wifi wont connect since latest update: Hi all, Hoping someone can hep here. I have an Asus 550C 64bit i5 and have been using fine for about a year. Originally W7 upgraded to 8.1 then a few months ago upgraded to W10 with no problems at all and have been ok with updates since until the most recent! Have been...