Windows 10: Can't Connect To Broadband Connection

Discus and support Can't Connect To Broadband Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can't connect to broadband connection The Modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error While I troubleshooted in network and sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sid017sp, Nov 6, 2015.

1. sid017sp Win User

Can't Connect To Broadband Connection

Can't connect to broadband connection
    The Modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error

While I troubleshooted in network and sharing center
    I got
    There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter
    And
    There mimight be a problem with the driver for the wi-fi adaptor
    I m using Windows 10

:)

sid017sp, Nov 6, 2015

2. Why can't I update definitions for my Windows defender (10)?

I am using a broadband connection. It has message that pops up saying it can't connect to the internet to download definitions even though I am connected through broadband. I'm thinking this is why. If so how do I let my computer 'know' it's a broadband
    connection so that it will connect via broadband instead of digital wi fi? I want to use WD as my only security, but I'm new to this op system so yikes.

Terriallday:), Nov 6, 2015
  3. Can't turn on Mobile Hotspot in my Hp G4 Laptop which i'm using Windows 10

I have connected my laptop with Broadband connection and it is Active. But, I can't turn on Mobile Hotspot! What can i do? and I can't open Store in my Windows!

NithyaPrasad, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Welcome to TenForums, Sid.

Did your machine come with Win10 or did you upgrade it? If upgrade, from what, and how did you do the upgrade?

Filling out more on system specs would be helpful - especially make and model of machine.

Word Man, Nov 6, 2015
  5. sid017sp Win User
    Upgraded from. 8.1 via internet

sid017sp, Nov 6, 2015
  6. Word Man Win User
    Have you looked in Device Manager? Any trouble flags in Device Manager? Trying to connect ethernet or wifi? Have you tried downloading and installing drivers for network devices from the manufacturer?

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Connect To Broadband Connection - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Broadband

2. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  3. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  4. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  5. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Broadband connection PPPoE

Broadband connection PPPoE: broadband connection issue "the remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server." broadband connection working properly in win 7...
  7. Broadband connection dialup

Broadband connection dialup: Hi. Where does Windows store the network configuration? I'm particularly interested in the configuration of the broadband 'dialup' connection. It does work properly but i would like to know the phone number it calls when i access the net. It is not required to enter the...
  8. INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND

INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND: please help me i cannot connect to the internet using broadband wi fi i can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-broadband/843bc761-7151-4fa9-8dd9-6717f0d3db6f
  9. Broadband Connection

Broadband Connection: Microsoft have giving me a ref number, put me through to technical department three times each time i was eventually cut off without speaking to anyone. I have made two call back later times and no one has called. So I still have no broadband connection....
  10. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...