Windows 10: cant connect to certain sites missing protocols

Discus and support cant connect to certain sites missing protocols in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hey, this is my first post so have mercy =x Im not sure when the problem started, maybe after a update or installing a game or something..no clue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Midobatsu, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Midobatsu Win User

cant connect to certain sites missing protocols

hey, this is my first post so have mercy =x

Im not sure when the problem started, maybe after a update or installing a game or something..no clue, but recently i have been having connection issues with certain sites at random. Its the same sites every time but they either don't connect at all saying " this site can't be reached ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" or they do work for a short while then cut to that error and maybe if it feels nice enough will work again for a bit.

im not sure what the problem is but from the windows network diagnostics its one or more network protocols missing
    that cant be repaired (only fixed it once and it didn't bug me for a hour until happening again).

here is a image of the report if it helps i don't know

cant connect to certain sites missing protocols [​IMG]

Any help getting rid of this problem for good would greatly be appreciated, Thanks

:)

Midobatsu, Jun 4, 2016
  2. bhudevrs Win User

Cant connect to a certain site.

Yes, Have a good wi-fi connection, can access a different website actually site which i try to access opens up but cant load fully (actually its a camchat site and my browser starts my cam and then cant connect with anyone) and my data limit hasnt reach
    at its end. I can access same site fully with another mobile hot spot connection

bhudevrs, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Cant connect to a certain site.

If we may ask, what is the make and model of the device that you’re using?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jun 4, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

There is a long ongoing thread about this. If you look in the Tutorials, there is information on how to correct this.

bro67, Jun 5, 2016
  5. Which tutorial? Link please.

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto

simrick, Jun 5, 2016
  7. Midobatsu Win User
    could you send that link ?

Midobatsu, Jun 8, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

simrick, Jun 8, 2016
  9. Midobatsu, when you ran the trouble shooter, did you change it to run as administrator?

That might not be enough though - the error is specific to Winsock registry entries

simrick pointed you to a few threads ... yesterday or the day before, I created a new thread based on many of the Missing protocol threads and a few external references.

Here are a few things to try to Resolve network issues

There is one additional solution that is not included in that list - I'm not sure it's needed, but if none of those help, I'll be glad to offer it to you. To clear up any mystery, it deletes two registry entries which get rebuilt on a restart.

Slartybart, Jun 8, 2016
  10. Midobatsu Win User
    ill check them out tomorrow when i have a chance, been busy x .x, thanks for some info/ links ill tell you if they worked or not when i can

Midobatsu, Jun 9, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Sinrick I was buried up to my elbows, trying to deal with two servers that were giving me fits over the past week.

Have not had much time on here, because the servers are number one priority for a project that I am working on, for a group I belong to.

As forthr links. I do not post them, because the Search takes you right to them, if people started to learn how to use, instead of always depending on others to do their work for them.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant connect to certain sites missing protocols - Similar Threads - cant connect certain

2. Accessing certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing certain sites: I am having problems with certain websites. After logging in; the site will not load my account information. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-certain-sites/e9ba91fd-d911-41ec-b1b3-e2a50e44d145
  3. I cant connect to certain sites

I cant connect to certain sites: last 2 months of using microsoft edge was fine, but last week when i try to go on to certain sites like epic games, gamejolt, etc. it doesn't want to connect to the site i used network diagnostics and it showed this The device or resource web proxy is not set up to accept...
  4. Can't connect to certain web sites

Can't connect to certain web sites: I keep getting the following message"Can't connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafeTLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website owners" Bearing in mind that people like AMEX and other bank site are affected ,I...
  5. Dell can't connect to certain sites

Dell can't connect to certain sites: I have a dell (Inspiron 7558) and so some reason, I can't connect to certain sites. Messages like the one billow will appear. This site can’t be reached T he connection was reset. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows...
  6. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  7. Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites: Hi, I cannot reach some websites that were easily accessible to me about a couple of weeks ago and get this message from (For example..) Firefox, here's another site I discovered this morning: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at BBC -...
  8. Missing Internet protocols

Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  9. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  10. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols: Hi there It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect via an IP address. Even if you apply the "Fix automatically" it still doesn't work and if you re-try the INCOMING...