Windows 10: Cant connect to Ethernet

Discus and support Cant connect to Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i recently updated to windows 10, and i noticed i wasn't connected to my Ethernet anymore, so i had to connect my PC to the wifi. Under my "network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irvin, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Irvin Win User

Cant connect to Ethernet

So i recently updated to windows 10, and i noticed i wasn't connected to my Ethernet anymore, so i had to connect my PC to the wifi. Under my "network Adapters" it only shows "Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 1/b/g/n" I tried connecting another ethernet cable, but nothing happened. Can anyone help me fix this problem.

:)

Irvin, Dec 29, 2015
  2. ROBHDD Win User

iNTERNET

i cant connect to internet only by ethernet cable please help!

ROBHDD, Dec 29, 2015
  3. problems since 16299.98

after poking around a bit I found out that its my network adapter software (it cant be hardware because it was working fine in the previous build). anyway seems as though I cant have an Ethernet connection while also being able to connect to the same router
    via wifi. I have a workaround though. I just cant connect my laptop to my router via wifi and just have it connected via gigabit Ethernet. resetting the network settings and not keying in my wifi ssid and password. then connected via Ethernet, everything works
    fine. updating all the network adapter drivers didn't help so I guess my laptop will never see the connection of my router via wifi ever again. I can still connect to other wifi networks, then wire in without issues just not the same router I connect to with
    both Ethernet and wifi.

Aaron C.S Chan, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Cant connect to Ethernet

• create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:
      • Right click on My Computer and select Properties
        • Click on Advanced System Settings in left pane.
      • Click on the Environmental Variables button
      • Click the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.
      • Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
      • Set the Variable value to: 1
      • Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened.
    • Open Device Manager (Windows key + X, select Device Manager)
    • Click on View then Show hidden devices.
    Now see if your LAN card shows. If yes, right click on it and select Update driver. If that doesn't help download the latest driver available from the Computer manufacturers web site or the LAN manufacturers web site.

One of those should fix the problem.

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Cant connect to Ethernet

1. Cant connect to Ethernet - Similar Threads - Cant connect Ethernet

2. Cant connect to ethernet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect to ethernet?: Hey I csnt comment to ethernet on my newest built pc, I tried all the simple things. Then went to youtube tutorials nothing's worked so far. Any clues to why? It keeps asking me to troubleshoot but it cant find drivers for my wifi adapter which I dont have. I use the b550 f...
  3. Ethernet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection: I have a new PC and it has been connected to internet via ethernet cable - this has stopped working, tried cable in another device and not working there either - brand new cable, any suggestions on trying to solve?...
  4. Ethernet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Connectivity: I am going insane I've tried nearly everything I can think of but despite my internet connect being fine for every other device and my ethernet being plugged in I cant access the internet. I've done a network reset, I've done a router reset, I've updated drivers but I still...
  5. ethernet not connected/

ethernet not connected/: hello I am getting a 169. address in ip config with media disconnected/on ethernet,i am connected with wireless usb netgear, , dell OptiPlex 755,att netgear wireless/ethernet router, when run network diag shows cable disconnected not plugged in tried two cables, I can hook...
  6. ethernet connection

ethernet connection: how do i rename an ethernet connection in windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection/e3c4ee8b-f301-49fd-9c97-06aa6a7a3e40
  7. Ethernet Connection

Ethernet Connection: So recently I've been seeing that my ethernet cable is connected but when I look at my connection it shows that no internet is available although I'm able to do everything just fine. When I look into my network setting there is another Ethernet connection that shows but this...
  8. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  9. ethernet connection

ethernet connection: I have an ethernet cable from my moden to my mini pic but it isn't listed as a viable network connection. Why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection/1b7d611f-f6be-4cad-8c74-4332de9476d6
  10. Ethernet Not Connected

Ethernet Not Connected: My HP 15, windows 10 says ethernet not connected. And i can't see the wifi either. I have no internet on it for a couple months now. How do I fix it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-connected/9cd2875f-a035-4d82-8e13-6c19e29786bc