Windows 10: Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

Discus and support Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wertham, Apr 7, 2017.

1. wertham Win User

Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

It took about 3 hrs in install.

After PC restarted it showed error message
    indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was)

Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers.

Tried to restart with firewall off.

Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this update?

Had to roll back to previous version of Windows 10.

Does this upgrade require a patch from Microsoft?

BTW: Any idea how big this update is?
    Should I download it to a flash drive on Apr 11?

(I'm assuming the upgrade is deleted after rollback.)

thanks!

:)

wertham, Apr 7, 2017

2. I can't connect my modem.

After updating to Creators Update I can't connect my modem to internet. I have tried with 3 different but doesn't work. Even through Nokia Suite I can't connect to internet. It only work with Wi-Fi.

Md. Golam Rabbi, Apr 7, 2017
  3. After update Fall creator update can't use Internet

After update Windows fall creator update my PC can't access Internet but my PC is connected to modem or internet. I don't know why it happen.

GovindSharmaIndia, Apr 7, 2017
  4. prikker Win User

prikker, Apr 7, 2017
  5. wertham Win User
    wertham, Apr 7, 2017
  6. me75006 Win User
    1 out of 4 pc's would not connect to the internet after CrU. (using Dell Inspiron, MB built in nic.)
    Tried wireless usb dongle, nope, sees dongle, but won't connect.
    Reverted back to pre CrU. PC now has internet. <shrugs>
    Smells like Do not disturb/Airplane mode.
    Will look at this some more in the future.

(prior to doing the Creators Update, I had done a 'Refresh W10 installation, hoping to avoid problems)

me75006, Apr 7, 2017
  7. wertham Win User
    What does "Refresh W10 installation" actually do?

Might try it again next week after uninstalling VPN software & anti-virus program
    (as some have suggested)

Would use up a lot of bandwidth on 3 PCs! Download to flash drive maybe?
    I'm guessing it's 3-4 gig?

wertham, Apr 7, 2017
  8. me75006 Win User

refresh -
    Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

me75006, Apr 7, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Hi wertham.

VPN could be a problem for problems after upgrade. Too bad you already performed roll back.

System refresh isn't something you should do before upgrade. It won't hurt, thou.

Download is around 3 to 4 GB, as you stated. You can download ISO with Media creation tool and perform upgrade on all your machines.
    If you don't need clean install, you can just copy the ISO file (to USB or over network), mount it and run setup.

For clean install you have to make bootable USB drive.

AndreTen, Apr 7, 2017
  10. wertham Win User
    Many thanks for the extremely helpful information!

wertham, Apr 8, 2017
  11. wertham Win User
    Well there goes another 5 hrs of my life I'll never get back.

Uninstalled VPN, anti-virus programs, firewalls... you name it.

Updated drivers... then eventually reset network after all else failed.

Couldn't understand why the updates took so long
    when I was using that Media Creation Tool disk.

Anyway, I've gone through the whole checklist.
    Maybe I'll leave that PC as it is for now (with no connectivity)
    in case Microsoft comes up with a patch of some kind
    like they did back in Dec 2016 (?)

wertham, Apr 8, 2017
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Sorry to hear that. Can you give us some more hardware info?

AndreTen, Apr 8, 2017
  13. wertham Win User

So I'm using a Bell modem (2WIRE) which I've never had any problems with for over 10 yrs. Bell tech support told me there's nothing wrong with modem & that many customers are having the same issues. He had me go into MSDOS & change a few things but that didn't work.

Using LINKSYS Dual Band wireless USB adapter.

Broadcom 440 x 10/100 Int Contr (no new drivers available)

Couldn't uninstall TAP Windows adapter V9
    which might be causing the problem
    I'm guessing that's from VPN software.

Thought maybe network rest would uninstall it.

AMD Athlon 64 X2
    Dual Core Proc
    3600+ 1.90 GHz

wertham, Apr 8, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    That TAP Windows adapter is probably from Comodo Trustconnect. Do you have Comodo Internet Security installed?

Try uninstalling it (you can reinstall it later). If you can't, here are some instructions from Comodo forums:

Edit: you can try Revo uninstaller free. As far as I read, it is successful with Comodo too.

Link is to Softpedia site, but you can download it from Revo directly...

AndreTen, Apr 8, 2017
  15. wertham Win User
    Revo works great. Thanks! Used it to totally clean out PIA remnants... but that's not where the TAP adapter came from, I think it's from OpenVPN but I can't find it on my PC. I've got to figure out WHY I can't uninstall ANT drivers in Device Mgr... not even in safe mode. The error message indicates a loose or broken cable... which isn't really the problem. There might be a way to uninstall those drivers without using DevMgr but I haven't found it yet.

wertham, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  3. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  4. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11: So after I've updated to Win11 all of my apps Adobe CC, Battle.net, Onedrive, Windows Smart Screen, Windows store, Armoury Crate, etc can't connect to the internet. However, the PC itself is connected and I can use Chrome and Edge.I've tried running all of the...
  6. Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update: I use a Dial Up Broadband connection which has been set up by User ID & Password provided by the ISP. After "Clean Install" of Creators Update, whenever I try to connect to Internet a window pops-up "Windows Security", where I have to enter the User ID & Password again before...
  7. I lost connection to the internet after creators update

I lost connection to the internet after creators update: After all updates and everything seems ok ........problem is I can't connect to internet and I don't know how to fixe it. Anybody with same problem? or could somebody help, please? 81727
  8. Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Creators Update killed my internet connection ?: After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble shooter said windows pci wifi card was not operationg. Tried everything I could think of...even ordered a new pci network...
  9. Can't install language pack after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install language pack after Creators Update: Only issue i have with Creators Update is installation of English (GB) language pack installed on one of my PC's but failed on the other PC. Tried every workaround i could find on here and on Google, but still fails. 82727
  10. Can't boot after Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot after Creator's Update: I'm not sure what happened but few hours after the update, I could no longer boot the laptop. The displayed message is "reboot and select proper boot device". I am able to enter setup and confirm it is UEFI boot and the hard disk is listed. I am also able to boot from USB and...