Windows 10: Can't connect to Internet

Discus and support Can't connect to Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Usually I was able to solve it by uninstalling network adapter and restarting but lately it shows the limited and yellow triangle with ! Don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Iliveinmyhead, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Can't connect to Internet

Usually I was able to solve it by uninstalling network adapter and restarting but lately it shows the limited and yellow triangle with ! Don't think have right version for network reset

:)

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 19, 2017

2. Windows apps connected to internet error

The app store says an error code 0x80072EFD but other windows apps such as edge can't connect to the internet, and it won't let me update because it can't connect to the internet and also the search function in the taskbar says no internet connection.

Oliver Hole, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Surface pro 2 Windows 10 network problem

The problem is that the surface pro 2 with Windows 10 can't connect to the lumia 930 internet sharing. The Internet sharing is done by wlan.

Surface finds the lumia device in wireless connections but when I try to connect to it says: Can't connect.

SamuliKorholaDamnation, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Can't connect to Internet

Welcome to the forum @Iliveinmyhead

Not sure what you mean "right version for Network reset" other than the literal English meaning. What version and build of Win 10 are you on. Start => Settings => System. Scroll to bottom of left column and click "About"

To do a complete Network reset

Start => Settings => Network and Internet Scroll to bottom of right side of page. You will lose store wireless password.

There is also Network troubleshooter that does what you mention.

We can assume this happens to you regularly, is this a wireless connection? Have you done any work to diagnose connection issues? Not that there is any guarantees it can be fixed. Just asking.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 19, 2017
  5. thanks Ken

version 1607, os build 14393.693. when i tried to do network reset, it wouldn't let me

i've tried the troubleshooter and a number of suggestions mentioned by the Internet. it is a wireless connection but only affects this computer. at the moment though when i just logged in, internet looks good for now.

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 22, 2017
  6. Great. May be another underlying issue if it won't let you, an administrator, run test.

Lots of people reporting connectivity issues and of course lots of suggestions. The cure is usually a mixture of environment and drivers.

Post back if it continues and you can walk through some of the usual suspects.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 22, 2017
  7. Sorry to hear.

To be sure we are not dealing with network interference at a command prompt(admin)

Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then Crtl + C and paste into notepad. Post text file.)

The report has a lot of information, for now let’s concentrate on the channel your wireless network is using and what channels your neighbours are using. It may be impossible to get an absolutely clear channel to yourself but if a network is very strong and is using the same channel this can cause issue.
    You will also see the strength of your network as your laptop sees it. The 2.4Ghz network is slower but has better distance range, 5Ghz has better speed but not the range, should you have dual band capability.

You can also see the networks around you and the strengths with this tool.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

Would be good to try to do these when you are having issues as it may be interference so it would be good to see.

Next lets check you wireless adapter settings in power plan.

Right click Start, click control panel, click hardware and sound, click power options, click change plan settings, click change advance power settings, click wireless adapter settings and click power saving mode. Set both “On battery” and “Plugged In” to Maximum.

Then open device manager, find your wireless adapter, right click, properties, Power Management tab. Remove the check marks to allow computer to shut off device to save power.

Finally please ensure your router is out in the open and not beside a cordless phone base or other device that generates electrical noise.

There is also the disabling of IPv6 buts lets see where we get to with the above.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 23, 2017
  8. Can't connect to Internet

i'll post the notepad file at the end. it's working again. so far the trend is everytime the computer shuts down by itself it goes from working to not working & vice versa. which is probably where you were going with one of the steps.

i downloaded the tool but not sure what to do with it

for power plans, it doesn't matter if i use balanced or high performance?

router is under a desk near extension cords with stuff plugged in? but like i said, the other devices work fine.

here's the file results. thanks so much!

Allow list on the system (group policy)--------------------------------------- <None>Allow list on the system (user)------------------------------- <None>Block list on the system (group policy)--------------------------------------- <None>Block list on the system (user)------------------------------- <None>============================================================================================== ==== SHOW CREATEALLUSER ===============================================================================================Every one is allowed to create all user profiles.=========================================================================================== ========= SHOW PROFILES ==================================================================================================Pr ofiles on interface Wi-Fi:Group policy profiles (read only)--------------------------------- <None>User profiles------------- All User Profile : p.l.network========================================================================================= ======== SHOW PROFILES NAME=* ==============================================================================================Profil e p.l.network on interface Wi-Fi:=======================================================================Applied: All User ProfileProfile information------------------- Version : 1 Type : Wireless LAN Name : p.l.network Control options : Connection mode : Connect automatically Network broadcast : Connect only if this network is broadcasting AutoSwitch : Do not switch to other networks MAC Randomization : DisabledConnectivity settings--------------------- Number of SSIDs : 1 SSID name : "p.l.network" Network type : Infrastructure Radio type : [ Any Radio Type ] Vendor extension : Not presentSecurity settings----------------- Authentication : WPA2-Personal Cipher : CCMP Authentication : WPA2-Personal Cipher : Unknown Security key : PresentCost settings------------- Cost : Unrestricted Congested : No Approaching Data Limit : No Over Data Limit : No Roaming : No Cost Source : Default============================================================================================= = SHOW NETWORKS MODE=BSSID =============================================================================================Interfa ce name : Wi-FiThere are 8 networks currently visible.SSID 1 : p.l.network Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 40:70:09:67:0a:80 Signal : 72% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 11 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 2 : thecove Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 40:b8:9a:e6:17:7e Signal : 84% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 1 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 3 : Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 82:15:44:aa:10:94 Signal : 28% Radio type : 802.11ac Channel : 1 Basic rates (Mbps) : 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 4 : VILLA Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : fc:52:8d:50:6b:fa Signal : 38% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 6 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 5 : Moinazad Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 54:35:30:68:ad:fd Signal : 64% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 6 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 6 : Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 2766 Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 28:27:bf:cb:aa:db Signal : 40% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 6 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54SSID 7 : FoxFi58 Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 74:e5:0b:71:7b:db Signal : 64% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 11 Basic rates (Mbps) : 6 12 24 Other rates (Mbps) : 9 18 36 48 54SSID 8 : WIFID70C89 Network type : Infrastructure Authentication : WPA2-Personal Encryption : CCMP BSSID 1 : 70:77:81:d7:0c:8d Signal : 30% Radio type : 802.11n Channel : 11 Basic rates (Mbps) : 1 2 5.5 11 Other rates (Mbps) : 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54============================================================================================== SHOW INTERFACE CAPABILITIES ==========================================================================================Wireless System Capabilities---------------------------- Number of antennas connected to the 802.11 radio (value not available) Max number of channels the device can operate on, simultaneously (value not available) Co-existence Support : UnknownWireless Device Capabilities----------------------------Interface name: Wi-Fi WDI Version (Windows) : 0.0.0.0 WDI Version (IHV) : 0.0.0.0 Firmware Version : Station : Supported Soft AP : Supported Network monitor mode : Supported Wi-Fi Direct Device : Supported Wi-Fi Direct GO : Supported Wi-Fi Direct Client : Supported Protected Management Frames : Supported DOT11k neighbor report : Unknown ANQP Service Information Discovery : Not Supported Action Frame : Not Supported Diversity Antenna : Unknown IBSS : Supported Promiscuous Mode : Supported P2P Device Discovery : Not Supported P2P Service Name Discovery : Not Supported P2P Service Info Discovery : Not Supported P2P Background Discovery : Not Supported P2P GO on 5 GHz : Unknown ASP 2.0 Service Name Discovery : Not Supported ASP 2.0 Service Information Discovery : Not Supported IP Docking Capable : Not Supported FIPS : Supported Instant Connect : Not Supported Dx Standby NLO : Not Supported Extended Channel Switch Announcement : Unknown Function Level Reset : Not Supported Platform Level Reset : Not Supported Bus Level Reset : Not Supported MAC Randomization : Not Supported Fast Transition : Not Supported MU-MIMO : Unknown Miracast Sink : Unknown BSS Transition (802.11v) : Unknown IHV Extensibility Module Configured : Not Supported Number of Tx Spatial Streams : 0 Number of Rx Spatial Streams : 0 Number of Concurrent Channels Supported : 2 P2P GO ports count : 1 P2P Clients Port Count : 2 P2P Max Mobile AP Clients : 128 Max ANQP Service Advertisements Supported : 0 Co-existence Support : UnknownC:\WINDOWS\system32>

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 23, 2017
  9. Hi

Install the product and start it. It shows the networks either on 2.4 band or 5 band. You should see your network and it should tell you your channel. Are other networks, close by using same? How strong is network.

Yes you have to go into each power plan and set.

You didn't follow instructions on pasting into Notepad and then posting file. I cant read this and it incomplete.

Once you have in notepad click on icon third from left in this group and navigate to file. It says insert image. Includes file.

Can't connect to Internet [​IMG]

Ken

10. report.txt

Hi. I've attached it & screenshot of inSSID inSSID.docx

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 23, 2017
  11. Thanks.

Unfortunately they all look good, which is good news, but no answers. You are overlapping with other networks but their signal strength is low so chances are they are not interfering.

Did you make the changes to Wireless adapter settings in Power Plans?

Did you shut off power management check marks in Device manager?

I don't think you mentioned what is the specific type of wireless adapter you have, (right from device manager)?

You could also try disabling ipv6.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Ken

12. Yes and yes but I guess power management doesn't help if I unplug my computer from Power

Qualcomm atheros ar9485 wireless network adapter

Disabling IPv6 seems intense. Maybe just disabling it on a specific network adapter?

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 24, 2017
  13. Can't connect to Internet

Hi.

Power management should be off for adapter, in device manager. Please do not let computer shut off device to save power. The idea behind power mgmt was to save power to extend battery or be greener when plugged in. It seems to cause more issues than it solves. Maybe it works on very new cards using very new protocols with new routers.

I would just click disable IPv6, the very lefty option. Ensure you have a restore point. You can turn it on using lower line.

Thanks for supplying adapter.

Ken

Edit 1: What is the make model of laptop please.

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2017
  14. so the computer should be forever on??

Laptop is Asus. Not sure where to find model?

eek. i went thru the easy fix first. i tried to look up create a restore point but i don't understand Create a restore point
    • From Start, type create a restore point.
    • Select Create a restore point from the search results.
    • Choose Create, and follow the steps to create a restore point.

Iliveinmyhead, Feb 24, 2017
  15. Morning.

Your computer should be used as you always used it. Shut it down when you don't want to use it for extended times, let it sleep other times.

What I requested you do is find your network adapter in the device manager, right click on it, click on properties, click on Power Management tab for that adapter. Uncheck allow this computer to shut off device or words to that effect. This prevents windows trying to power down your wireless adapter, that is it.

Then in your power plans, you said you had two, go into change advance setting and ensure the wireless adapter is at maximum power for battery and plugged in.

These changes do NOT change your computer's ability to sleep or hibernate or to be powered down.

To create a restore point type "Create a restore point " (do not type quotes)
    into the cortana search bar. It should be right at top of list. Click on it.

Was looking up your adapter last night and found lots of issues with it and Windows 10. One article I came across said driver 10.0.0.326 worked on their Asus. So while not all Asus are the same this would be a good starting point. I would head to the Asus site and see if that one is listed under your laptop. Your laptop model is on the sticker, usually affixed to the bottom of you laptop.

Now while not a fix, your adapter is older and it may be simpler, faster and provide you with better results if you purchased a USB plug adapter. They can be had for around $25 dollar. Buy quality, your connection stability is extremely important.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

Can't connect to Internet

1. Can't connect to Internet - Similar Threads - Can't connect Internet

2. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  3. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  4. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  5. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  6. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Hello everyoneI am having trouble connecting to the internet on my PC after some digging, it says my ipv6 is connected but ipv4 is not running on ethernet so i can connect to websites like google youtube outlook microsoft store but no smaller sites like reddit, or most...
  8. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  9. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cant connect through wifi or ethernet chord Both are enabled Network not being blocked by firewall Network discovery is turned on A long line 4 dashes and another long line under network status Troubleshoot says it can't find the problem...
  10. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Ever since I got my computer (which came with Windows 10), I've had trouble connecting to the internet. Every time I shut down and start it up again, it's never online even though I'm using a cat 5 cable hooked directly to the source. My laptop can connect wirelessly, so...