Windows 10: Can't connect to my router

Discus and support Can't connect to my router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beerlord, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Beerlord Win User

Can't connect to my router

Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1
    I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was the last time I connected to it. I can also ping it with no problems.
    When I check to 'canyouseeit. for ports, all seem fine. I've rebooted everything and tried differnet networked computers with no luck.
    What's up? How can I connect to it?

:)

Beerlord, Sep 1, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 1, 2018
  4. tynaffit Win User

T-Mobile Dash & LinksysWRT54GS Router

I'm having the same problem and T-Mobile tech support is no help! My router is set to use WPA security and my dash will not connect. I've trying WEP as suggested, doesn't work.

Please help

tynaffit, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to my router - Similar Threads - Can't connect router

2. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  3. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  4. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  6. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  7. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  8. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  9. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...
  10. connect router

connect router: how to connect router to a cable all in one modem 31167

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with qualcomm atheros ar9287 wireless dont find my conection 2018