Windows 10: Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

Discus and support Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I could connect before when I was running Windows 8 on my laptop to my Win 8 desktop. Now running Windows 10 build 9926 on my laptop I try to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jscarano, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

I could connect before when I was running Windows 8 on my laptop to my Win 8 desktop. Now running Windows 10 build 9926 on my laptop I try to connect to my Windows 8 desktop it asks for a password which is never did before. I have changed my Win 10 laptop to private network but still it asks for password on the Win 8 desktop which it hadn't before. Btw my Windows 8 desktop can access the Win 10 laptop no issues. Any suggestions? thanks

:)

jscarano, Jan 30, 2015
  2. S Gorsch Win User

Trouble connecting Windows Phone 8 to devices via Bluetooth

I have a HTC Titian (7.5) and the Lumia 920 (8). I can't get either to stay connected to my Samsung Slate running Windows 8 (Intel Bluetooth 3.0) or a desktop running Windows 8 (Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0). Both the phones connect to my cars to play music or
    handsfree phone and my Windows 7 desktops.

I think it is the Windows 8, not the phone (atleast in my testing). I'm waiting for Windows 8 drivers for my Slate and desktop.

S Gorsch, Jan 30, 2015
  3. How to connect window phone 8 with my desktop to use internet ?

I would like to use Windows Phone 8 internet connection on my desktop computer, it doesn't have wireless network card so I can't use phone's wireles access point

mohammed imran khan, Jan 30, 2015
  4. Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

Slartybart, Jan 30, 2015
  5. jscarano Win User
    Not having any luck with those. I did the AllowInsecureGuestAuth on both the Win 7 and Win 10 computer . My Win 10 laptop is still being asked to enter password to access Win 8 desktop even though password access is turned off on the W8 desktop. Im stumped

jscarano, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

1. Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop - Similar Threads - Can't Connect desktop

2. KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎14/‎2022 OS build 19045.3208 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 get a logon error with all accounts trying to remote desktop to the machine on which the update was installed on. uninstalled the...
  3. KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎14/‎2022 OS build 19045.3208 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 get a logon error with all accounts trying to remote desktop to the machine on which the update was installed on. uninstalled the...
  4. Can't connect to Microsoft services on window 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Microsoft services on window 8: Can't connect to Microsoft services on Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-microsoft-services-on-window-8/541f361b-43ce-474e-8dd5-c1c9d1368f4f
  5. Can't connect to Microsoft services on window 8

Can't connect to Microsoft services on window 8: Can't connect to Microsoft services on Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-microsoft-services-on-window-8/541f361b-43ce-474e-8dd5-c1c9d1368f4f
  6. Airpods pro can't connect windows 8

Airpods pro can't connect windows 8: Previously, I used to connect to AirPods Pro stereo on my computer, but there was an old driver in avg.So I updated my driver, and since then, I only saw AirPods Pro Hands-Free on the sound reproduction device, but AirPods Pro Stereo disappeared, so I haven't been able to use...
  7. Airpods pro can't connect windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods pro can't connect windows 8: Previously, I used to connect to AirPods Pro stereo on my computer, but there was an old driver in avg.So I updated my driver, and since then, I only saw AirPods Pro Hands-Free on the sound reproduction device, but AirPods Pro Stereo disappeared, so I haven't been able to use...
  8. Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer: I have a virtual windows 8 computer and a windows 10 computer. What I actually want is to share files between them. The problem with them is that they can't connect with each other using same the home group. I have made all the necessary options in both computers such as...
  9. can't connect to wifi with my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't connect to wifi with my desktop: Good evening,\ I am having trouble connecting to WIFI with my computer. It will only sometimes connect to my phones hot spot, but doesn't see the router for our home network. It gave me the error of Install a driver for you network adapter. Please help Tony ***...
  10. Suddenly my desktop "can't connect to this network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly my desktop "can't connect to this network": I'm running WiFi on my desktop since a couple of months but tonight(since 2 days ago) I suddenly "can't connect to this network". I live in an apartment building for students and we share a Wi-Fi connection in the house. I've asked my neighbor and her connection works. My...