Windows 10: Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

Discus and support Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by russbriggs, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the taskbar was gone. if I open the Notification Center and click network from there no available networks show up. in my settings, the network icon is toggled on. something really bizarre is that before signing in, if I click on the network icon at the bottom of the screen, all the available networks show up, but if I try clicking one, it takes forever to connect and then tells me my access is limited. this is really frustrating as I've spent the last 3 hours looking on my phone for solutions, none of which have worked. any response would be greatly appreciated

I also thought I'd mention that under Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center there is a heading titled "Unknown" and under it read "the dependency service or group failed to start"

:)

russbriggs, Oct 30, 2016
  2. gary tj Win User

network connection in settings (not properly working)

In my windows (10) the network icon in taskbar is showing the symbol of not connected even when I am connected.

When I hover the mouse above that network icon an alt appears saying connected, SO I went in search of any problem in the settings and found that my ethernet tab and wifi tab is missing.

Hence I can't change the wifi connection I am in. I figured out that in adapter options the adapters are found and connected.

I tried many fixes but was in vain. Hence I decided to reach to you

gary tj, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Mano_24 Win User
    Network icon missin after Windows 10 Upgrade

Original Title: network icon missing in taskbar

After upgrade to windows 10, most of the times the network icon is missing from task bar. In notifications and actions under settings, the network button is grayed out. When I restart pc several times, then the issue resolves. Is there any solution for this.

Mano_24, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

Try clicking on Start then on the Power button and choose Restart. A full restart from cold is often a quick cure for 'odd' problems like this. A 'shut down' may not be sufficient if 'fast start up' is enabled (which it is by default).

5. I've restarted it multiple times along with trying various things I've found on the Internet for similar but not exact symptoms, none of which worked

russbriggs, Oct 30, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Do you have a restore point you can go back to from before this problem occurred?

7. unfortunately no. I'm really tempted to buy an external hard drive and remove everything that's important and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. I've had a number of issues with this laptop in that past that I think could all be resolved by a restore. I'm still going to search for a solution though

russbriggs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

1. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing. - Similar Threads - Can't connect networks

2. The network icon is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    The network icon is missing: Hello!It seems like the network icon in the taskbar is missing. When I try to open Network from settings, the application crashes. Thus I am unable to fix it. Please help....
  3. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  4. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  5. The WiFi/network connections icon is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The WiFi/network connections icon is missing: My laptop is not connected to the Internet and there is no network connections icon on my taskbar. I cannot open settings, open the start menu, cannot access taskbar settings. I can right click on the start menu button and see tab options but only a few actually open. I’ve...
  6. Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings: Hi guys, Having a few troubles here. Firstly, I noticed that my wifi icon in the taskbar was missing. Then, I couldn't even open settings. I would click on it and nothing would happen. After a few restarts, I can open settings, but it crashes every time I click on Network...
  7. Network icon missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network icon missing: After i update my window 10 updates last 10 days ago, my network icon just disappeared. Even in my Setting / Network also cannot get in for configure the setting. Not only that, my language keyboard typing chinese pin yin also affected. It not can't type and words chinese pin...
  8. Network icon missing from taskbar

Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  9. Taskbar no network icon

Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226
  10. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...