Windows 10: Can't connect to secure networks

Discus and support Can't connect to secure networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10 and tried to connect to the internet using wifi. When I tried my secure connection I was using before the upgrade it told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chickenburritos, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can't connect to secure networks

I just updated to Windows 10 and tried to connect to the internet using wifi. When I tried my secure connection I was using before the upgrade it told me I can't connect to the network.. but it allowed me to connect to an unsecured network with no problem. I did notice that every time I try to connect to my original network.. my wifi adapter randomly disables before I get the error message. Is this just another bug or is there some kind of fix I missed while browsing through the forums?

:)

chickenburritos, Jul 29, 2015

2. Nokia C7 Belle . doesnt connect to college Wi-fi

you con connect only open network. which network is secure with WPA security you can't access. you need password.

mak_khan---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. lemeck Win User
    wifi connection

asha 306 i update browser and it start security check .. my date and time is correct wi-fi is connected can't surf the network Zzzz

can't start a secure connection. check coverage and security and date settings in your phone (005)

lemeck, Jul 29, 2015
  4. FIF
    fif Win User

Can't connect to secure networks

Following, we have the same problem.

5. by "secure" i assume you mean a wifi network with a pass key/phrase?
    othewise if you mean VPN type secure, then you have something else going on entirely.

go look for updated wifi drivers, that would be your best bet.
    you can try to go into device manager and disable the wifi adapter, reboot, enable it and see what it does.
    you can also uninstall it from device manager (do that when the adapter is enabled of course) then scan for hardware changes via File--> Scan for Hardware Changes, and it will find the adapter and reinstall it.
    I have seen people here stating that reinstalling the NIC or wifi adapter helped any issues they were having with flaky adapters/connections.

cyberlunacy, Aug 8, 2015
  6. FIF
    fif Win User
    I tried these each of these suggestions to no avail. I somehow got it to connect once but it didn't work on restart and I was unable to replicate the connection. One thing that seemed strange was when I ran a diagnostic, it said it cannot connect to the hidden network. There is one hidden connection available in addition to our named network so I chose it and seemed to accept my SSID but not the password.

My gut tells me it is the adapter and it's a Windows 10 rollout bug. Any other suggestions would be great also! Can't connect to secure networks :) thank you

7. Are you logging into windows with a local account or your Microsoft account?
    if you are using your Microsoft account create a local account and try logging in as that and see what happens

cyberlunacy, Aug 8, 2015
  8. iBawbag Win User

What type (manufacturer) is the adapter? Broadcom by any chance?

iBawbag, Aug 8, 2015
  9. FIF
    fif Win User
    It was a Microsoft account. I logged in as a local account, reset adaptor and configured the new connection manually. .. unfortunately didn't work. Thank you though!

10. FIF
    fif Win User
    It is a Intel (R) dual band wireless-AC 7265

11. I've been experiencing the exact same problem as well. Tried just about every fix I could find/think of, but nothing works. My adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 with up to date drivers... The odd thing about my situation, is that it seems to be just my HOME network that I can't connect to. While I haven't had a chance to try connecting to many other networks yet, I was able to successfully connect to my personal hotspot on my iPhone. I hope they release a fix for this soon...

mikewarren27, Aug 8, 2015
  12. iBawbag Win User
    There was a similar issue with Broadcom adapters when upgrading to Windows 8.1 where it replaced the driver with
    a Microsoft version. Can you try Device manager > update driver > Browse let me choose > = what other (if any drivers) do you see...try the other.

or this

Intel Download Center

iBawbag, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Can't connect to secure networks

I tried what you suggested, and it totally WORKED!!! Been wrestling with this for weeks, and now I can finally stop dragging an Ethernet cable all over my house! lol. Thanks so much! *Smile

mikewarren27, Aug 8, 2015
  14. iBawbag Win User
    Get in there big guy...yehaaw!!!!! *Smile

iBawbag, Aug 8, 2015
  15. FIF
    fif Win User
    Thank you so much!! *Smile How frustrating! We checked for updated drivers through Windows and it said everything was current. Looks like we're good now. Thanks again!

Thema:

1. Can't connect to secure networks - Similar Threads - Can't connect secure

2. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  3. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  4. Can't Connect to this Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to this Network: When I'm connecting to my private internet it always says can't connect to this network then I try connecting to a public network same thing happens but when I turn off wifi and connect first to the public network it works but when I try again on my private network the issue...
  5. Secured, can’t connect to this network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secured, can’t connect to this network: I was suing my pc yesterday, and all of a sudden my PCs connection to my wifi switched and said “secured, can’t connect to this network”. (My internet is internode and my wifi adapter is d-link DWA-182 wireless USB). Then today I turned it on, same message was coming up when...
  6. Can't Connect to this Network

Can't Connect to this Network: I know this is probably a common problem that is easy to fix but for real, I have no idea. It happens after I enter the password in an attempt to connect. I don't know if its the right password but when I try to enter another password it says its the wrong one. So yeah....
  7. "Can't connect to this network"

"Can't connect to this network": I wiped our HP Pavilion 20 desktop to give it to my daughter. Now, after resetting the computer, I can't connect to our network. Our network is available and the wireless icon on the bottom of the screen shows a white star, but when I click connect and enter our password it...
  8. Can't connect to this network

Can't connect to this network: Today, while having lunch at my favorite restaurant, I tried to connect to their WiFi network as I usually do. I got the following message:Checking network resources And then, after a few seconds:Can't connect to this network My obvious question is, why not? To begin...
  9. Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet"

Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet": I was having some network problems and in the course of fixing them I uninstalled the network driver for my TP-Link AC600 Archer T2UH USB network card. This card has been working without a problem for months on 2.4 and 5Ghz channels and at high speeds > 150Mbps. When I...
  10. "Can't connect to this network."

"Can't connect to this network.": I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network. I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windwows refresh cant connect to secure networks

2. cant connect secure network