Windows 10: Can't Connect To Shared Printer

Discus and support Can't Connect To Shared Printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 2 desktops and a laptop all running Windows 10 Home. I have a Homegroup that is working and I can see and access the shared folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkyM, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MarkyM Win User

Can't Connect To Shared Printer

Hi,

I have a 2 desktops and a laptop all running Windows 10 Home.

I have a Homegroup that is working and I can see and access the shared folders on each machine.

I can see and connect to the printer on Desktop 2 from the laptop but not Desktop 1's printer. That printer is on and working properly on Desktop 1.

This previously worked fine. I think it stopped working when I updated to the new Windows 10 update yesterday on the laptop and Desktop 1. Desktop 2 has not yet been updated.

I have rebooted both computers and ran the Homegroup Troubleshooter which could not find any problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

MarkyM, Nov 15, 2015
  2. rwb1012 Win User

Windows 10 and Server 2003

Are you saying you can't see the shares or can't connect to them?

As a quick test, I tried to connect a Win10 machine to a Server2003 share in our lab and it works.

Check the following settings

Control Panel

Network and Sharing Centre

Advanced sharing settings

Turn on network discovery

Turn on file and printer sharing

rwb1012, Nov 15, 2015
  3. v12mike Win User
    HP COMPATIBLE PRINTERS

You can't connect a printer directly to the phone USB port. For one thing, they are both USB slaves, and a slave can only connect to a USB master device.

The way to get it to work is to get your printer shared on a network and access it via wifi.

I have a HP7140xi with ethernet adapter, and the pheone was able to print to it out of the box. You may be able to do something similar by sharing the printer connected to a PC.

v12mike, Nov 15, 2015
  4. MarkyM Win User

On Desktop 1 I turned off all the homegroup sharing settings, accepted those settings and then turned them all on again, accepted the settings and Desktop 1's printer is now showing up!

Sounds like a bug in win 10. We'll see if it disappears again.

MarkyM, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't Connect To Shared Printer - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Shared

2. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared printer: Hi,My computer I'm connecting from is a Windows 11 laptop, while the other PC is a Windows 10.I can connect to the shared printer from the Administrator login, however if I login as a standard user they cannot connect to it. It says 0x00000004f1 - Windows cannot connect to...
  3. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared printer: Hi,My computer I'm connecting from is a Windows 11 laptop, while the other PC is a Windows 10.I can connect to the shared printer from the Administrator login, however if I login as a standard user they cannot connect to it. It says 0x00000004f1 - Windows cannot connect to...
  4. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't connect to shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared printer: I can't connect to shared printer from another computer. My computer using windows 11 since January 2022. But after update to 22H2 my printer list has lost, and then I can't connect to shared printer from another computer with error code 0x00000bc4. The other computer who...
  6. Can't connect to shared printer

Can't connect to shared printer: I can't connect to shared printer from another computer. My computer using windows 11 since January 2022. But after update to 22H2 my printer list has lost, and then I can't connect to shared printer from another computer with error code 0x00000bc4. The other computer who...
  7. Error Connect to Share Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  8. Network share printer not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  9. Network share printer not connect

Network share printer not connect: I can't connect with one of the networks shared printers. it showed " operation failed with error 0x00000520".Please help me to solve this issue. One thing is someone can print and someone can't print. The driver was also updated. So many errors with different pc....
  10. shared printer hp1005 can't connect 0x00000709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shared printer hp1005 can't connect 0x00000709: Hi i habe problem with shared printer hp laserjet p1005 when i try connect with it i see 0x00000709 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-hp1005-cant-connect-0x00000709/ef88c4f3-e898-4a20-a276-1ab722dc6d14