Windows 10: Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Discus and support Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unko, Dec 8, 2015.

1. unko Win User

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks!

:)

unko, Dec 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

This is because the Master Browser of the SMB network works properly. So the first machine you turn on becomes Master Browser, but all the other machines can't seem to find network shares.

Turning off SMB 2/3 worked for me, BTW, but I don't want to lose the features of SMB 3.

See more here:

Cannot connect to CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares & Shared Folders in Windows 10 after update 1511/10586

That link goes to a vibrant discussion and troubleshooting of the new troubles that Windows 10 10586 has brought into SMB shares.

R. Hansen_690, Dec 8, 2015
  3. accessing network shares by 2 simultaneously logged on users

this also only seems to be specific to particular smb versions. the shares listed as SMB 1.5 seem to work properly under the scenario in my original post. SMB 2.1 shares are the ones that have this issue. I used get-smbconnection from windows powershell
    to determine smb version used to connect to the mapped drives. I do not know if smb version 2.0 or any other smb version also exhibit this issue. but I know for sure version 2.1 does.

MichaeljTaylor, Dec 8, 2015
  4. unko Win User

Already found out.. It's here : Accessing default shares - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

If there was already a tutorial (with reg file here), then sorry (& paste link please *Wink

unko, Dec 8, 2015
  5. unko Win User
    In the end it may not be 100% right.. That registry setting eventually got back to 0, not sure after what.. Perhaps just after reboot?!

unko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..? - Similar Threads - Can't connect SMB

2. SMB share inaccessible from local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB share inaccessible from local network: I have an SMB share just shared through the Properties of the folder on Windows 11. Recently I have been unable to access the share from both linux and Windows 10. I have verified Windows Defender has the rules enabled for NetBIOS and SMB. All devices are on the same subnet...
  3. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  5. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian: Hello there, I've got a problem to connect to a friend's SMB share on his Debian server cat /etc/debian_version 10.3 samba --version Version 4.9.5-Debian My machine is a Windows 10 Enterprise 1903. I tried to shut down the Firewall, File Discovery are active....
  7. Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior

Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior: Hi, Something strange is happening : when I restart my Windows 10 computer, I can access the SMB share on a FreeNas server. As soon as I switch the Wifi network or when I connect through Ethernet, I loose access to the share. I don't have that problem on a Mi Box or a...
  8. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  9. Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!

Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!: This seems to be a common one, yet i can't find a fix after searching: 1/ (Same) Windows 10 installed on two PC 2/ Both connected to same local network/workgroup 3/ Both share same username/password & no microsoft account 4/ Both have sharing enable in system (& firewall)...
  10. Entering a SMB share

Entering a SMB share: Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB protocol are active: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>...