Windows 10: Can't connect to the internet at all after I installed a VPN client

Discus and support Can't connect to the internet at all after I installed a VPN client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The client is called viscosity. It worked just fine for a few hours but everything went south as soon as I disconnected from it. After that I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 0xc000021a, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Can't connect to the internet at all after I installed a VPN client

The client is called viscosity. It worked just fine for a few hours but everything went south as soon as I disconnected from it. After that I couldn't connect to the internet at all with or without a VPN. I tried uninstalling all my network adapters and then I reinstalled the main adapter but it didnt helpIm on my wifi now so theres nothing wrong with my router, only my computer

Edit: i think i found the solution here SparkLabs - Losing Network Connectivity Once Disconnected

:)

0xc000021a, Oct 13, 2015

2. No VPN Policies installed ???

Unable to connect to the Universities WLAN that requires a VPN client. Downloaded the VPN client to the phone but can't get any further after being prompted "No VPN policies installed. Install now?" after clicking yes it request a policy server. After
    speaking with those who developed the VPN at the University they have informed me we don't have a policy server or know what one is for the VPN. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Darren.

gingerdarren, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Win10 Anniversary Update from 1511 to 1607: No networking, either wired or wireless

Roberts reply put me on the right track.

I had Checkpoint VPN loaded when the update was done.

I reverted back to version 1511 and then uninstalled the checkpoint client.

I then re loaded the update version 1607 and I found I had both internet connections.

I then reloaded the latest version of the checkpoint client (In my case Version 80.64 Build 986000729)

After this was loaded I had both the internet and the VPN working, Problem solved.

So the answer is to remove the VPN client before loading this update and to get the latest version of the VPN Client you are using.

I didn't try unloading the VPN when I had no connection to the internet, maybe that would have worked also.

JohnCWestbury, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Can't connect to the internet at all after I installed a VPN client

1. Can't connect to the internet at all after I installed a VPN client - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android client shows "Connected without Internet" after successfully connecting to internet...: HiI am using Windows 11 22H2 & started experiencing some strange issues with Mobile Hotspot not sure whether this is after the latest Windows updates as I barely use the hotspot.Issue is, my phone connects to mobile hotspot, I can browse & after few minutes, Wi-Fi enters to...
  3. VPN CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CLIENT: Since i install WINDOWS 10 20H2 my VPN CLIENT avaya is working bad. It was working OK on WINDOWS 10 1909. I can open my connexion but after fee seconds i receive a message "VPN tunnel is disconnected de to physical link lost". Can you help please ?...
  4. Unable to install all manner of VPN clients such as PIA, ExpressVPN

Unable to install all manner of VPN clients such as PIA, ExpressVPN: Hi, After a windows update I'm forever unable to install any VPN clients. One of the errors I keep getting is "The TAP driver installation failed". Can anyone suggest what i should do? Thanks!...
  5. No Internet Connection After Using VPN

No Internet Connection After Using VPN: Hi, my PC couldn’t connect to the internet every now and then after I use my VPN. It’s been going on for a year, and every time I had to soft format / format my PC completely. It’s really a hassle. And I just noticed recently that the cause was the VPN. Any help on how to...
  6. No internet connection after using vpn

No internet connection after using vpn: So basically what the subject line reads. I used a vpn Protonvpn. I read to use a vpn for online gaming so internet providers won't slow your connection. I obviously did it after I had a laggy connection on Black desert. It worked but I did not want to use the vpn all the...
  7. Internet VPN connection

Internet VPN connection: How to allow your device to automatically detect the username and password you set to your VPN connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-vpn-connection/16b5da19-a006-407e-b2d9-92f219f62c13
  8. No internet connection after disabling vpn.

No internet connection after disabling vpn.: why can't I connect to internet after disabling ipvanish (vpn). I enable vpn and I can browse, but when disabled the internet will not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-after-disabling-vpn/6f20375e-6cfd-4d3e-ba5c-c8eee0f5d89e
  9. After connecting to VPN the internet breaks down

After connecting to VPN the internet breaks down: Hello all, when I connect to my company's VPN fhrough Microsoft, the internet conneciton breaks down. It doesn't matter which router or provider I am connected to. Computer model: DELL System: Windows 10 Home, 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Type of connection: WiFi VPN type:...
  10. trouble connecting to a vpn client

trouble connecting to a vpn client: hi i have pc1 connected to server1 via vpn using remote access. After connecting to the network, pc1 is able to remote desktop to pc 2. I am trying to use pc2 to remote desktop pc1 after pc1 establish the vpn connection but pc2 is not able to ping pc1 at all. Why does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch cant connect to internet after installing micro sd