Windows 10: Can't Connect to the Internet?

Discus and support Can't Connect to the Internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I finally got around to installing Windows 10 TP and I'm having trouble connecting to the Internet. I'm using a wireless network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Can't Connect to the Internet?

Hi folks,

I finally got around to installing Windows 10 TP and I'm having trouble connecting to the Internet.

I'm using a wireless network adapter and I'm quite sure that there are no drivers for it to work on Windows 10. Is there anyone else I can do?

Connecting to an Ethernet port isn't an option. I would have to move my entire station to a different room. *Tongue

Thanks,
    -Chuck

:)

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014

2. WP7.8 with hotmail ID on Lumia 710 is not syncing. Error Code: 86000106 or 8501001D or 85030022.

Dear somoneno-one,

My setting is on Server is originally set as mentioned i.e. m.hotmail.com and continues to be the same.

I have mentioned 3 different Error Codes are displayed when the setting is changed.

But the Windows Live error is persisting.

The Contacts were "Last updated about 4 months ago" is the message showing today.

Error Code: 86000106

We're having a problem synchronising your information. Try again later.

There has been no change in the error since I posted the query on 19th April 2013.

BTW, I have noticed that in spite of the Error, new data gets updated from the Lumia 710 to the "People" contacts in my Hotmail account.

I wish that Microsoft can sort this issue which has started from April 2013, after Update 7.10.8862.144, also known as Windows Phone 7.8, was applied to my Nokia Lumia 710.

Any other help / suggestions are welcome.

Thanx

Connect Today, Oct 1, 2014
  3. WP7.8 with hotmail ID on Lumia 710 is not syncing. Error Code: 86000106 or 8501001D or 85030022.

After I upgraded the Lumia 710 to Update 7.10.8862.144, also known as Windows Phone 7.8, last week, Contacts syncing is failing.

When Server setting is 'm.hotmail.com' the Error Code: 86000106 is received.

We're having a problem synchronising your information. Try again later.

When Server setting is 'www.hotmail.com' the Error Code: 8501001D is received.

We're having a problem with the server or your connection. Try again later.

So I changed the Server setting to 'login.live.com'

The Windows Live Error Code: 85030022 is received while syncronizing.

The server you are trying to connect to doesn't support Microsoft ActiveSync.

Please advise what is the correct setting so tha the Sync will happen.

Thanx.

Connect Today, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Oops! Forgot about my drivers disk! *Redface

That should fix the problem! *Smile

EDIT: Yep! That fixed it! *Biggrin

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Charlie Win User
    Hey Chuck
    Good to see that you have your install up and running. Hope things go good for you. Not surprised that your wireless adapter need some attention. Win 8 and 8.1 both did that to me.

Charlie, Oct 1, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Thanks, Charlie!

Everything is running very smoothly so far. No complaints, except the App Store doesn't seem to want to open. But I hardly ever use any of those apps anyway! *Smile

Cheers,
    -Chuck

Chuck38, Oct 1, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    Few times I had trouble with WiFi drivers I connected computer with cable and windows found drivers for WiFi and installed them.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  8. caperjack Win User

so it not really running smoothly ,it just ok because you don't use store app. did you use a Microsoft acct when you setup win10

caperjack, Oct 3, 2014
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    Hi mate,

The App Store is working now.

As for the Microsoft account, well just refer to this thread. https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-an...microsoft.html

-Chuck

Chuck38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Connect to the Internet? - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Internet

2. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  3. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  4. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  5. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  6. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Hello everyoneI am having trouble connecting to the internet on my PC after some digging, it says my ipv6 is connected but ipv4 is not running on ethernet so i can connect to websites like google youtube outlook microsoft store but no smaller sites like reddit, or most...
  8. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  9. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cant connect through wifi or ethernet chord Both are enabled Network not being blocked by firewall Network discovery is turned on A long line 4 dashes and another long line under network status Troubleshoot says it can't find the problem...
  10. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Ever since I got my computer (which came with Windows 10), I've had trouble connecting to the internet. Every time I shut down and start it up again, it's never online even though I'm using a cat 5 cable hooked directly to the source. My laptop can connect wirelessly, so...