Windows 10: can't connect to tp-link network usb storage

Discus and support can't connect to tp-link network usb storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi i have tp-link wdr4300 and i enable usb network storage by plugging in a pen-drive. i am able to access the network drive from Mac laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tbone321, Aug 21, 2015.

1. tbone321 Win User

can't connect to tp-link network usb storage

hi

i have tp-link wdr4300 and i enable usb network storage by plugging in a pen-drive. i am able to access the network drive from Mac laptop and Nexus 5 using the smb://tplinklogin.net.
    But from Windows 10, whenever i goto run and try to access the drive (\\tplinklogin.net) it says "specified path cannot be found'. i have tried creating homegroups, disable ipv6, make sure Netbios over tcp enabled, Workstation service is running.
    not sure why it is not working, any ideas ?

:)

tbone321, Aug 21, 2015

2. windows 10 creators update broke existing wifi connection

I'm using a TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 and its been working for over a year.

I am unable to connect to my home network, but am able to connect to others. I have a USB wifi adapter as well and it can connect to the home network with out issue.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the TP-LINK card.

used network reset.

firewall and antivirus are off.

deleted all wlan profiles via netsh.

added a manual profile for the TP-LINK card then removed it after it did not work.

checked registry to verify no wlan profiles listed.

restarted with each step.

all the while the usb dongle can connect to the home network with out issue and the TP-LINK card can connect to ANY other network except my own that it used to be connected to.

The card simply wont connect to the network, the event log shows the TP-LINK card trying multiple encryption types then says it cant connect.

I have multiple devices connected to my home network, have restarted the router and all other devices are fine along with the USB dongle i have plugged into my PC.

what should i try next short of a OS reinstall and avoiding the creators update?

Nickc_238794, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 doesn't detect only a specific network USB adapter

I have the same issue with a TP-Link UE-300 in a Dell Laptop. When I connect the TP-Link, the computer doesn't detect it and the TP-Link has been working ok for more than a year.

If I use an USB 2.0 adapter, the TP-Link is detected and works.

Jose Manuel Arenillas, Aug 21, 2015
  4. tbone321 Win User

found the issue, i had disabled SMB feature few weeks back :-/

Control Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows Features On or Off and make sure SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is ticked

tbone321, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. can't connect to tp-link network usb storage - Similar Threads - can't connect link

2. Problem with USB Bluetooth Dongle TP-Link UB400

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with USB Bluetooth Dongle TP-Link UB400: Hi, I tried many different troubleshooting steps and none seem to work, it shows up as KOGA dongle Bluetooth headset when all it is a small dongle. No devices pop up in discovery mode either. I tried both the generic Bluetooth adapter driver and the CSR 4.0 driver that...
  3. Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter: Hello everyone im trying to install a driver for the TP-Linkwireless usb Wi-Fi adapterModel:TL-WN821N V6 and im getting a weird error when trying to open Setup.exe i tried every fix i found but i can't fix it i tryed installing it on another pc and it worked fine. The...
  4. Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter: Hello everyone im trying to install a driver for the TP-Linkwireless usb Wi-Fi adapterModel:TL-WN821N V6 and im getting a weird error when trying to open Setup.exe i tried every fix i found but i can't fix it i tryed installing it on another pc and it worked fine. The...
  5. Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer keypad and tp link usb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer keypad and tp link usb?: Does anyone know about computers is windos 10 got me Tp Link usb and it doesn't find it and today I got a new keyboard and it's crazy too https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/computer-tastertur-und-tp-link-usb
  7. Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5

Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5: Hello, Sorry for posting here, but I am getting no response from anyone on the TP-Link forum, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165760 Model: Deco M5 Hardware Version: V2 Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build...
  8. TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out

TP Link USB wifi dongle drops out: I have two of these on both PCs. I have just installed OS 10 Pro 64 bit and only one of the USB Dongles stay connected the other one on Pc 1 keeps dropping out after 5 minutes or so. I need to re-insert the USB or reconnect the WIFI to it. I have unticked the option in...
  9. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...
  10. TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network'

TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network': hi i recently bought this nano wifi to connect internet from my wifi router and it was working fine but since yesterday its just not connecting to my wifi and says cannot connect but its connecting to other devices like my mobile when i open hotspot and i reinstalled the...