Windows 10: Can't connect to VPN when it automatically assigns IP's

Discus and support Can't connect to VPN when it automatically assigns IP's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 server with an incoming VPN connection created. Right now it specifies a range of IP addresses for the client to use. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryley2637, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

Can't connect to VPN when it automatically assigns IP's

I have a Windows 10 server with an incoming VPN connection created. Right now it specifies a range of IP addresses for the client to use. The alternative is to set it to have your DHCP assign the client's IP address instead. This is what I would like to do, but when I set the connection to ask like this, clients can't connect. On iOS and OS X they both say that they both cannot establish a connection to the VPN server.

My purpose for doing this is to allow all the clients to still browse the internet while connected to the VPN, which normally they cannot do (even when setting to send all traffic). I have to specify the DNS (my router's IP) on each computer, and on iOS this isn't working/possible. Does anyone have a solution to this, but at least more importantly the first issue? Thanks!

:)

ryley2637, Feb 24, 2016
  2. yyjl Win User

HTC Touch HD VPN and RDP

Hi

I want use a HTC Touch HD (WM6.1) RDP to my work network through VPN. The VPN server is Windows2003. If I am using WiFi connect to VPN I can RDP to my work network. But when I use Telstra 3G connect to the VPN I cannot get RDP connect. The VPN is connect
    no problem I can ping the IP assigned from the VPN server but I cannot ping any other internal IPs. Seem it is not routing to the internal network.

3. Vijay_889 Win User
    Internet Sharing connection packets sent but not receiving any Packets

I did all things what you said, but it says " Troubleshooting couldn't identify the Problem"

I did tcp/ip configuration assign Automatically,but no use.

And i did tcp/ip assign an IP address 192.168.137.1.....the connections status changed to receiving packets but not sent..

I can't understand the problem..what it is...?

Vijay_889, Feb 24, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

This may or may not be any help, but what router are you using? I've never set up a VPN server on my computer(s) because I didn't want to have to leave them powered on but my Netgear R7000 router has a VPN server built in and that's what I use. Sorry I could not help with specifically with your setup, but offering maybe an alternative.

NavyLCDR, Feb 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    I set my Cisco Rv-320 to handle VPN connections. Also you have to remember that the firewall on the router has to be made to allow those ports to let traffic pass through to the VPN connection. Otherwise it is not going to happen. Especially if you have a Dynamic IP that is not sticky.

I am lucky, because my IP is sticky with my U-Verse service. The only time that it changes, is if they have to swap out line cards in the VRAD or ATM.

bro67, Feb 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It took a lot of trial and error to get my Cisco RV-320 to play right. Found out that it was just an oversight in the tutorials, that they do not mention about making up the VPN Groups and Users. After I figured it out, now we can get into the NAS or a computer while gone and someone at home is having issues.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the iPhones to connect to the Lantronix Home XServer through Air Print, when using the VPN.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to VPN when it automatically assigns IP's - Similar Threads - Can't connect VPN

2. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  3. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign static IP to a VPN user: Every time a user is using our Windows VPN to connect to the company network a new IP from a static range is taken. Because we have applications that require static IP same IP every time the user connects through the VPN how can we achieve this?...
  4. Assign static IP to a VPN user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect to vpn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to vpn: Hello guys I'm watching k-drama on laptop recently but it says I gonna need vpn to continue so I search for Google and follow the instructions but after all I setup the vpn profile I can't connect to vpn. It says "a connection to the remote computer could not be established,...
  6. Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically: I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 if that matters. Almost a month ago ~ Sept 5, 2020, I started to have this error. After a few days trying to search for a solution, using ipconfig/release and /renew, then make the new assigned ID a static ID is the solution for me. However, the...
  7. IP IN VPN

IP IN VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. Website from which I download this document I want that system to see me as a new user every time when I go on there.I tried vpn,...
  8. IP in VPN

IP in VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. I would really appreciate it if you help....
  9. IP route not working for VPN connection

IP route not working for VPN connection: I am on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 I have installed SonicWall VPN as a workaround and Cisco VPN client. My VPN client shows "connected" a few secs after I start the vpn session VPN Client creates the following IP Interface on my Windows Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:...
  10. Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN

Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN: I recently installed NordVPN on my computers. When I have VPN turned on, speedtest.net accurately reports the VPN-assigned public IP address, ISP, and server location. Until yesterday, when I turned NordVPN off, it accurately reported my true ISP, the IP address assigned by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can vpn work on automaticaly assigned ip