Windows 10: Can't copy and paste in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't copy and paste in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Strangely, I have a lot of problems copying and pasting in Win10. Many times it just doesn't work, but it usually works the second time I try.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by t8769, Feb 7, 2016.

1. t8769 Win User

Can't copy and paste in Windows 10

Strangely, I have a lot of problems copying and pasting in Win10.

Many times it just doesn't work, but it usually works the second time I try.

This is the same if I use my mouse, the keyboard, Right click - or use it for Word, Email, or Edge browser

I haven't had this problem for 20 years, but on one PC this always happens.

Anyone know what might be causing this or how I can fix it.. everything else works OK on the PC except the History doesn't work in Edge browser.

Thanks

:)

t8769, Feb 7, 2016

2. Why can't I copy and paste with windows 10? It allows me to copy but will not paste in email.

Why can't I copy and paste with windows 10? It allows me to copy but will not paste in email.

EugeneMasney, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Copy and Paste in Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the size and format of those files which you are trying to copy?

2. Does the files have the administrator permission?

3. Do you get any error message when the files doesn’t copy?

Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Feb 7, 2016
  4. socklosk Win User

Think back and try to remember what programs and setting were changed before the problem. Do a clean boot and see if it works.

socklosk, Feb 7, 2016
  5. t8769 Win User
    Been there since the beginning, perhaps I'll try a reinstall...

Should I do this from the recovery media I made - as this may continue the problem.

Or go for a Clean install from the original Win10 installer?

t8769, Feb 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    To avoid getting the "unwanted carry-overs", and if you don't mind reinstalling all your previous installed programs, Clean Install is always the desired choice.

Go to Tech Bench and download the CURRENT iso file.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  7. ukbadge Win User
    Can't you use the 'copy to/move to' edits to the registry?

ukbadge, Feb 7, 2016
  8. t8769 Win User

Sorry don't understand

t8769, Feb 7, 2016
  9. ukbadge Win User
    Its ok, I may have misunderstood your question. Forget it.

ukbadge, Feb 7, 2016
  10. Downeasta Win User
    How to restore the Right-Click Copy and Paste functions in Windows 10

First, let me say that I have no idea why they become removed. If you find my explanation difficult there are several YouTube lessons available as well.

1. Click on the lower left of the screen to bring up the Start Screen.
    2. Scroll down to Windows Administrative Tools in the Start Menu.
    3. Click Administrative Tools open and scroll to System Configuration.
    4. Click System Configuration. A pop up System Configuration window will appear. If you do not see it, it may be behind some other window on the desktop.
    5. Click the Tools tab and select Command Prompt. Click the Launch button near the bottom. The Command window should appear with a black background and a command line like
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32>"
    6. Enter the following exactly: cmd /c"echo off|clip"
    note: the "|" key is often upper case "/" and may be shown as two short vertical lines, one over the other.
    7. As soon as you hit Enter the right-click Copy and Paste functions should be working.

5/2017

Downeasta, May 8, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Small correction, the pipe symbol | is usually on the backslash \ key.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't copy and paste in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't copy paste

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. can't copy paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't copy paste: Hello.y try to cut and copy paste a M2TS file from my internal hdd to a usb but i can't.Appears the message that i ahve not administrator privillege https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-paste/1506e3be-69b2-45c2-b452-fbc46344b237
  6. can't copy paste

can't copy paste: Hello.y try to cut and copy paste a M2TS file from my internal hdd to a usb but i can't.Appears the message that i ahve not administrator privillege https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-paste/1506e3be-69b2-45c2-b452-fbc46344b237
  7. I can't copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't copy and paste: I cant copy & paste anything to any files, it only give's me "! Cannot rename C:\Users\hp\Desktop\vlad\FNF\__rzi_17568.11132 to C:\Users\hp\Desktop\XXX Access is denied. How can I resolve that issue?...
  8. I can't copy and paste

I can't copy and paste: I cant copy & paste anything to any files, it only give's me "! Cannot rename C:\Users\hp\Desktop\vlad\FNF\__rzi_17568.11132 to C:\Users\hp\Desktop\XXX Access is denied. How can I resolve that issue?...
  9. I can't copy and paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. can't copy and paste photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't copy and paste photos: When try to upload my photo prompt says: can't open this location using this program. Please try a different location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-and-paste-photos/a51aadc6-e43d-430a-8de6-d2c07f84388d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant copy and paste

2. how to cut and paste in windows 10

3. windows 10 cant copy and paste

4. cant copy and paste in windows 10,
  5. cant copy and paste windows 10,
  6. windows 10 cant copy/paste,
  7. copy and paste not working windows,
  8. windows 10 cant paste,
  9. cant copy paste windows 10,
  10. windows cant copy and paste,
  11. cant copy and paste,