Windows 10: Can't copy files to other network computers

Discus and support Can't copy files to other network computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rvdude, Dec 25, 2017.

1. rvdude Win User

Can't copy files to other network computers

Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete" window that pops up and freezes. By the way, XXCopy does in fact work and clones folders from one computer to another. Now I've created a folder that's placed on my main computer's desktop and made it a shared folder. I can place a file into it and then access this folder from the other computers which I can then copy files from that folder.

:)

rvdude, Dec 25, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

Erratic Connections to Other Network Computers After Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Where exactly the Public folder is located?

• Is it in any drive location
      on another PC?

• If yes, did you check the size of the drive?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open file Explorer.

• Select view tab and check mark the Hidden Items and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Erratic Connections to Other Network Computers After Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi, Sorry for delay in replying. I shut down original computer to preserve data in case I needed to do a data recovery. The folder was on another computer, also running Windows 10. It said Public. I dragged a folder that contained sub-folders that had
    all my files inside. I know the drag and drop across the network worked, because I verified the number of files and size on disk for the original folder (source) and the other computer on the network (destination). The Public folder on the destination computer,
    when I log on does not have the folder I copied across the network. Just in case, I have since backed up that drive as well, in case I can SOMEHOW find the data. I do log on as different users not the two computers. Now, the Public folder is accessible
    for all users, correct? Or, should I try to log onto the destination computer as the same user I was logged on on the source computer? I already tried to view all hidden files - no good.

Any help is most appreciated. I did an online chat with a tech, he advised I call, gave me the number. When I called I kept getting bounced back and forth from home to business (I explained EACH time it was a home network, not business, no domain, etc.)
    Finally, the last person I spoke with seemed to understand what happened, said she needed to place me on hold, then the call was dropped.

Mark

MarkMalahosky, Dec 25, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

If xxcopy works, keep using it. Most likely there is a security issue in the folders you are trying to work with. You can use Farbar's GrantPerms Download to see if that may fix anything. I would check to see if the third party internet security software that you may be using, may be interfering. Same as run through the standard malware scan, sfc /scannow and dism on both machines.

bro67, Dec 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't copy files to other network computers - Similar Threads - Can't copy files

2. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  3. Can't access files on other network computers

Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  4. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  5. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  6. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  7. Can't copy files to network usb drive

Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  8. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  9. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...
  10. Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...