Windows 10: Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error

Discus and support Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What should have been a 2-minute task has turned into a death march, the kind only Microsoft can provide! *Mad I simply wanted to remove a long dead... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gatorgrabber, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error

What should have been a 2-minute task has turned into a death march, the kind only Microsoft can provide! *Mad I simply wanted to remove a long dead hotmail account from my user sign in account and update it with my current outlook email. Seems innocent enough. After much searching and finally finding out that you simply can't do this logical task, I found the 'magic formula' to achieve my goal. The problem is, Windows gives me an 0x80004005 error code after I complete filling out the information for the Local user, preventing it from being created. So it's not possible to switch to local, then switch back. Can anyone give a suggestion as to what to try next? I really miss Win 7! Thanks

:)

gatorgrabber, Feb 10, 2016

2. can't switch microsoft account to local account

i can't switch my microsoft account to my local account. when i try to change it, it tells error 0x80004005 (in the forum this error means i have to activate my windows. the thing is my windows is original and activated)

i also tried to create a new local account using cmd by net user username password add/ and cmd says that its already existed.

I really need to switch to my local account because i cant be online 24-7

cesioraihandary, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Clive101 Win User
    Windows 10 Error Code 0x80004005 When Switching to Local Account

I also have the same problem error code 0x80004005 unable to create local account.

Clive101, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error

Stirring the pot...anyone have a suggestion that might be helpful?

gatorgrabber, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error

1. Can't create local user, only get an 0x80004005 error - Similar Threads - Can't create local

2. Local Network 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Network 0x80004005: Tried all solutions at"https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-network-share-get-error-0x80004005/7f12471c-2e33-472b-9b0b-6643666a4ef4"Direct cable connection. Also tied a WiFi connection. I can see computer but not drives.Thanks...
  3. Local Network 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Network 0x80004005: Tried all solutions at"https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-network-share-get-error-0x80004005/7f12471c-2e33-472b-9b0b-6643666a4ef4"Direct cable connection. Also tied a WiFi connection. I can see computer but not drives.Thanks...
  4. Can't connect a local user only with microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't connect a local user only with microsoft: I want to use a local account with no passwords but when i create a local account. I go to change my account and it doesn't show me a new account when i create it. It only les me use an account with a gmail....
  5. Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005

Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005: I just realize that currently my desktop can't create new folder and even couldn't extract zip files. I've tried all the methods from the same problem here, and nothing happen. also in that thread the support ask if the user can create other files, in my case is yes, I can...
  6. Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005

Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005: I just realize that currently my desktop can't create new folder and even couldn't extract zip files. I've tried all the methods from the same problem here, and nothing happen. also in that thread the support ask if the user can create other files, in my case is yes, I can...
  7. administrator classic account can only create local users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator classic account can only create local users: Hi all, I enabled the "administrator" classic account by issuing: net user administrator /active:yes then set a password for it and logged in. For some reason, "administrator" doesn't create accounts in the same way other members of the "Administrators" group do. It...
  8. Powershell Create local users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Powershell Create local users?: Hello everyone, does anybody know why it's not working? # * TITLE: Part Task 1 # Version: 1.0 # Author: xxxxx # Date: 03 April 2020 b]# Description: Read out and output an Excel file[/b] b]# Restrict programming mode (MUST-HAVE at the TBZ!)[/b] set-psdebug...
  9. Getting windows activation error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting windows activation error 0x80004005: Recently I have updated my laptop from windows 10 version 1803 to version 1903 and then to version 1909 and laptop is displaying that my windows is not activated and giving error 0x80004005 . I tried windows activation troubleshooter but it didn't work. I also tried to enter...
  10. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
Tags: