Windows 10: Can't create win 10 repair disc

Discus and support Can't create win 10 repair disc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried to create a repair disc for an HP laptop but windows wants me to insert an installation disc. I don't have any. I upgraded it from win 8.1 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by asusx205ta, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Can't create win 10 repair disc

I tried to create a repair disc for an HP laptop but windows wants me to insert an installation disc. I don't have any. I upgraded it from win 8.1 to win 10 so I don't have an installation disc. How do I get over this requirement? My two Dell laptops created repair discs just fine. I installed win 10 on the Dell laptops fresh. They both had win 8 and I updated to win 10. Then I removed the HDD and inserted new SSD and installed win 10 fresh and they both got activated. I wonder what I need to do to get the HP laptop to create such a repair disc.

:)

asusx205ta, Dec 14, 2016

2. Missing create recover cd and backup programs in win 10

I installed Win 10 over the top of Win 8 a couple of years ago when Microsoft release win 10. I did not make a recover cd at that time.

Now I want to make the recover cd and also start a scheduled backup

When I do this I get an error

The files needed to create a system repair disc were not

found on this computer. You can still create a system repair disc

if you have a windows installation disc

Big problem this was installed over the internet and I do not have a Win install disc.

I have tried to create one with the -media creation tool - and when I go to install or repair win 10 everything runs but in the end no create repair cd or backup files are installed.

This is the only Windows computer I have and I really need to make repair cd and be able to schedule backups.

What is next??

I have read a bunch of questions on this forum and tried a lot of different things.

Getting quite frustrated

What is next?????

LarryBlair1, Dec 14, 2016
  3. win 10 error code 0xc00000e9

Hi,

My windows version is WIN 10 Pro. I recently noticed that the windows start up has become very slow. Consequently, I tried to run start up repair using the repair disc for Win 10 Pro - 32-bit I created earlier. I performed a reboot using the repair disc,
    then I received a message saying that the disc is corrupted, and the repair process could not be completed. I created a new repair disc and tried again to complete the process. This time I got a message saying the process failed because of error code 0xc00000e9.
    Any help with this issue? Many thanks.

توبتن, Dec 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't create win 10 repair disc

Hi
    1. Win 10 iso freely downloadable - just search or
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Tutorials

2. Repair disk. Which one specifically? You can use a Win 10 bootable disk to do certain repairs. There are boot disks such as Kyhi's at the top of the Software and Apps section in this forum.

Can you burn CD's DVD's successfully? Do you have a CD/DVD drive? Otherwise you can create bootable USB drives.

dalchina, Dec 14, 2016
  5. If I might add, and I agree with dalchina, I believe Windows 10 has a different name for this. I think in Win 7 they called it a System Repair disk.

It is called a "Recovery Drive" in 10. If you type Recovery drive into the Cortana search bar you should see at the top, "Create a recovery drive". You will need a USB Flash drive. If you start the process without installing a USB Flash drive it will tell how big of a drive you need. It takes a while on some machines, be patient. On average I see requests for 8GB keys, some are as small as 4GB and some are as big as 16GB.

This is not necessarily exactly like the HP media recovery creation but you can boot from it and invoke numerous processes including repair. It is not an Image and it is not a Data backup. Downside to this, with ISO or Windows 10 media creator you know it is one DVD or one 4GB key. It also does not have the functionality of disks like Kyhi's.

With V1511 at the very end of creation it will ask you if you want to delete the recovery partition. The answer is "No". In V1607 this option has been removed.

Caledon Ken, Dec 14, 2016
  6. Thanks guys. To be more specific, I was using the backup and recovery (win 7) feature in my win 10 latest edition. It does allow a win 7 style repair disc and it has to be a DVD/CD, can't be flash drive. I was able to transfer win 10 from a smaller SSD to a larger one simply by backing up a system image, creating such repair disc, and booting with the repair disc with the new drive. I was able to then restore the system image to the new drive and restart. Then I could expand the partition to take the whole new SSD.

I was trying to do this same thing on that HP laptop, except this time I had to shrink the partition to fit on a smaller SSD. I was able to boot the HP using a repair disc I created on a different win 10 system and force select the HP's image. I didn't go through with it yet, due to some unrelated hard drive failure that I had to take care first. I'll report back with this win 7 method and try the recovery drive as well.

asusx205ta, Dec 17, 2016
  7. The Windows Recovery drive will allow you to restore the Image you created in Windows 10 Backup and Recovery (Windows 7). I know this as I posted this very question and ran a physical test. Numerous folks recommended Macruim Reflect. I had tried that but it didn't work. Seeing the recommendation I gave it another go and it worked flawlessly, so much so I've used several times. The first time I tried it there was likely a problem in the chair.

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

I have used Backup & Restore in Windows 10 to make a system image and the associated recovery CD. It is functionally identical to a Recovery Drive USB made with the 'include system files' option unticked.

9. Thanks for explaining Ken and Bree. Once I have more time, I'll go ahead to see how it works out. The HP has a dual boot win 10/linux. If system restore doesn't work, I'll have to do a clean win 10 install.

asusx205ta, Dec 19, 2016
  10. AddRAM Win User
    If you have other system repair discs and they were created from the same windows 10 version you`re trying to create now, you don`t need to create another one.

Why do you have to do a system restore ? What`s the problem ?

How did you install W10 on the Dell laptops if you don`t have an install dvd ????

AddRAM, Dec 20, 2016
  11. AddRAM,

Your win 10 understanding seems a bit outdated. Once you activate the win 10 license (in my case, free upgrade licenses), you can make a win 10 install flash drive and install it on a new hard drive, same laptop, or any laptop that has a valid 10 license. No install disc, just a win 10 install flash drive. You can download the tool to make such drive from microsoft. Regarding what my problem was, I was pretty clear in my OP.

asusx205ta, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't create win 10 repair disc - Similar Threads - Can't create repair

2. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc: I have two laptops, A Dell with WINDOWS 10 PRO with all updates applied. Also an ASUS with WINDOWS 10 HOME with all updates applied.I purchased the ASUS with Windows 10 installed and have been applying updates as they have been made available. I have been able tosuccessfully...
  6. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc: I have two laptops, A Dell with WINDOWS 10 PRO with all updates applied. Also an ASUS with WINDOWS 10 HOME with all updates applied.I purchased the ASUS with Windows 10 installed and have been applying updates as they have been made available. I have been able tosuccessfully...
  7. Can't create a WINDOWS 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Creating a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  9. Creat A System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....
  10. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...