Windows 10: Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

Discus and support Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It worked on windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 10 it doesn't work anymore. When I try to select several apps using ctrl+click the first app I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Valkaras, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Valkaras Win User

Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

It worked on windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 10 it doesn't work anymore.

When I try to select several apps using ctrl+click the first app I click on starts and it doesn't even get marked.

How do I fix this? I have tried with both my ctrl-buttons and I know they work for other things

:)

Valkaras, Jul 29, 2015
  2. nachog03 Win User

Mouse button problems on Windows 10

Hello,

I can't click on most menus, Windows Store/Microsoft (MS Edge for example) apps, start menu/screen, and sometimes the taskbar (although the taskbar/windows button almost always fixes pressing CTRL+ESC or CTRL+ALT+DEL, other stuff doesn't)

This problem started when we took our computer to a computer shop to format the drive, at the time the computer was running W7, we took it 3 times to the shop again, where it worked perfectly there, but at home it fails

I upgraded the computer to W10, expecting it would work, but it didn't fix

nachog03, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Calculator keyboard shortcuts don't work in Windows 10!

You'll need to create the shortcut key yourself. I just did it so I'll walk you through:

Click on Start, right click on Calculator app in Apps Menu to Pin to Start, then drag the Start menu icon to Desktop to create a Shortcut. Right click on Shortcut to open Properties, enter desired key into Shortcut field. Any key will work if it's accepted.
    I tried F1, Ctrl Alt C but you can choose your own although I wouldn't use a number or letter that will inadvertently open it when typing or adding.

It will appear that you can't enter anything into the field since you can't clear the field. But it will accept desired shortcut keys to replace the text present. I wonder how many give up because of this.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

1. Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu - Similar Threads - Can't ctrl+click apps

2. Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on the start menu - Windows Icon -: Hello,I'm facing these problems below:I can't left or right click the start menu Windows Icon + I can't right click the apps that is running on the taskbar + I can't use the search bar + I can't open windows settings even with Win Key + i + I can't open Microsoft StoreI've...
  3. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  4. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  5. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar: Hi, I've recently had to "Fresh Start" my Windows 10 install after having a problem I couldn't resolve in any other way. Since then, the original problems have all but cleared up, but now I have a new one that I can't recreate every time or figure out how to resolve. From...
  7. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  8. Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts: So I'm having this weird bug where I can't click any of my start menu shortcuts when I search up the program (typing) I'm trying to execute but if I manually look for it (using scroll wheel) and clicking on the shortcut the program will execute? I've tried rebuilding my...
  9. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...