Windows 10: Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

Discus and support Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to create a task in task scheduler that runs on a monthly basis but I can't select the Months. When I click on the drop down menu to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AltairAC, Jul 13, 2018.

1. AltairAC Win User

Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

I want to create a task in task scheduler that runs on a monthly basis but I can't select the Months. When I click on the drop down menu to select them, nothing happens (the drop down menu doesn't appear). The same is true for the "Days" and "On" sub-options:

Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler EwWc7p4.png

Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler qzlr0oL.png

OS: Win10 x64 v1803 (clean installation on a Lenovo V330-15IKB (SSD drive))

I tried:
    Code: sfc /scannow dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth[/quote] and Windows tells me that everything is fine.

In the end I created the task manually (.xml file) and imported it. It works but I would like to solve that drop down menu issue if the solution doesn't require a clean installation.

:)

AltairAC, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Wim Spaak Win User

Windows Task Scheduler does not trigger a task, after a PC-restart during the day

Hi Jarius,

Thank you for your reply.

• On October 25, 2016, I checked the Windows Task Scheduler settings, according to your advice.
    • The next morning I powered-on my PC at 09:30 and made a screendump of the Task Scheduler at 10:08.

At that time 2 of my 5 scheduled backup task were triggered conform schedule and the according backups were carried out correctly (see the green framed surfaces in the 10:08 window below)
    • I powered-off my PC at 10:12 and powered it on again at 15:45.

Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler ec2f4458-2467-4cd3-b485-49a57dde937b.jpg

• At 15:50 I made a sreendump of the Task Scheduler window, where was indicated that 3 backup tasks were carried out correctly in the past at about 10:00 (see the green framed surfaces in the 15:50 window in the picture above).
    • At 16:40 I made a screendump again. Now the backup task that were triggered after the first power-on at about 10:00, now were not triggered anymore (the red framed surfaces in the 16:40 window) and the backup task that were not triggered during the first
      power-on, were now triggered correctly at about 16:00 (the green framed surfaces in the 16:40 window).
    • I also made screendumps again at 17:40 and 18:40. In both cases the backup tasks triggered during the first power-on at 9:30 were not triggered anymore and the backup tasks that were not triggered during the first power-on were correctly triggered with
      the scheduled 1 hour interval.

My conclusion:

• If my PC is powered-on before the first scheduled backup task, all backup job triggers are carried out conform schedule.
    • After a PC restart the previously triggered backup task are not triggered anymore during the rest of the day.
    • Only backup tasks that were not triggered before the PC restart, are triggered correctly after the PC restart.
    • A manual run of a backup task always result in a correct backup task trigger.

This must be a bug in the Windows Task Scheduler.

I hope you will find a solution for this problem.

Best regards, Wim

Wim Spaak, Jul 13, 2018
  3. BirdmanC4 Win User
    Windows Defender Task Schedule/Triggers

[Moved from Windows 10]

Hi everyone. Im having a problem with windows defender task schedule. I have set triggers for the 4 processes under windows defender in task schedule, and then I deleted the triggers. What I noticed the next day is: windows defender performed a scheduled
    scan twice. The first time at 8:30 AM. When I checked task schedule after the first scan only the scheduled scan was completed. The other 3 processes which includes (windows defender cache maintenance, windows defender cleanup and windows defender verification)
    did not start as yet. Then after about 2 hours I checked windows defender and it says: last scan: Today at 11:30 AM. I was confused because it already performed a scan today. So I went and checked task schedule and saw that all 4 processes were completed at
    11:30 AM. So why did It perform the first scan any way? Do you think the trigger I created and then deleted corrupted some of the files there? Or is this behavior normal? Also before I created the triggers for all 4 processes I saw that there were no authors
    listed for them. Since I created the triggers I noticed my username and CPU name would show up under author for each process. Now that I deleted all 4 triggers I still see my username and CPU name listed for each process. Is this normal?
    Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler 89d71a04-a7dc-4124-b3be-ff4ba3134bf0.png

BirdmanC4, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler

1. Can't define monthly trigger in task scheduler - Similar Threads - Can't define monthly

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  5. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  6. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  7. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  8. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  9. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  10. Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler wrong trigger time for monthly tasks: Hi, I would like to inform about problem with Task Scheduler work. I am working with TS quite active around year, and have ~50 scripts running from minute to once per year resolution. During this night one of my monthly scripts triggered the day before. I nearly same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to do monthly trigger in task scheduler

2. Cant define monthly trigger in task scheduler

3. why cant i click on triggers task scheduler

4. windows task scheduler monthly no dropdown,
  5. windows task scheduler cant create monthly,
  6. windows 10 task scheduler cant run monthly,
  7. cant select monthly in task scheduler,
  8. task scheduler windows 10 cant select monthly run