Windows 10: Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I added an account to the mail app in windows 10 and there is no way to remove it only to add more. To my shock and horror Windows 10 then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vampire613, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

I added an account to the mail app in windows 10 and there is no way to remove it only to add more.

To my shock and horror Windows 10 then removed my computer password and nickname and replaced it with my full name and changed my main pc password. (how dare you? without even asking?)

It seems Microsoft think we need to be told what we want rather than make up our own mind.

I'm already sick of this and would like to remove my account from this app altogether.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

vampire613, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Barrose56 Win User

Windows 10 MAIL

I assume it is the Windows 10 MAIL app? It's all that is available.

I deleted the "server" information - forgot to write it down, so now I can't get any mail, from my 'live.com.au' account.

I need to be able to reset this account in MAIL or delete the account altogether* and start again - preferred option.

* Can't delete this account - don't get the option, like I do with a secondary account.

Thank you.

Barrose56, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Deleting mail accounts from the Windows 10 App

I do not see a way to delete a mail account from the Windows 10 mail app. I can change settings, but can't remove the account entirely. What am I missing?

Christopher Palabrica, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail

Hello vampire613, *Smile

Double check using the tutorial below to see if you may be able to delete the account in the Mail app.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Did you by chance have a local account, and possibly mistakenly switched to a Microsoft account?

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. UllrSki Win User
    Except that the "Delete" option does not exist. Help?

Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail [​IMG]

UllrSki, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello UllrSki, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you sign in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account that uses the same email address, then that is why you are not able to delete it.

Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  7. UllrSki Win User
    Thanks Brink! However, I am logged into windows with a different account.

UllrSki, Sep 22, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

Microsoft and / or Windows does not change your local Windows user account to a Microsoft account without asking you. What happened to you happens when users do not read all instructions and text in prompts.

That being said, when signing in to Windows with a Microsoft account, that account cannot be removed from Mail app. You need first switch back to a local account (tutorial), then remove the account from Mail app.

In the future when you use apps that require a Microsoft account you need to select Sign in to just this app instead option to avoid your local Windows user account switching to Microsoft account:

Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail [​IMG]

If you enter your local account password and click Next, your local Windows user account will be switched to a Microsoft account as is quite clearly told in that prompt.

Although this tutorial is written to show how to use Windows Store when signing in to Windows with a local account, it also applies to Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  10. UllrSki Win User
    Thanks Kari. This was never a local account and I am sure windows would never do that without asking. I am logged into a O365 AzureAD domain account. I am signed in as L: xxx@sss.com (domain & local admin rights) and the account I am trying to delete is L: yyy@sss.com. The account to delete has been removed from AzureAD. My assumption is there is some dependency on the old user's account on the local machine I can not find. Any thoughts?

UllrSki, Sep 22, 2016
  11. UllrSki Win User
    Thanks Brink! App Reset worked, at least good enough. I now get "Attention required" and "fix" allows me to change the login email address on the account and now can get this working again.

UllrSki, Sep 22, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    I'll backup first a machine where I only have Azure AD account in use in case I want to restore it later, then try something. Will post back.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's great news. *Party

Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  14. Kari Win User
    OK, tested this and cannot reproduce your issue.

Booted up a Windows 10 version 1607 PC which only has one user account, an O365 / Azure AD account. Mail app was not set up, no accounts in it.

Added a Microsoft email account to Mail app, account remained a normal Azure AD account, did not switch to Microsoft account or change the sign in options in any way. Removing the Microsoft email account from mail app required only a few mouse clicks.

I don't know what happened to you, your Windows, but I've now tested this three times and Windows works as expected.

Main thing is you got it resolved *Smile

Thema:

1. Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Account

2. Can't delete an administrator account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete an administrator account from Windows 10: So recently after getting a new MacBook Air, I've been removing apps from my Dell PC and migrating to Apple. Since the PC I use is shared with two other users, I've been working on deleting my admin account. However, as I am the user who's been admin ever since the computer...
  3. Can't delete an administrator account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete an administrator account from Windows 10: So recently after getting a new MacBook Air, I've been removing apps from my Dell PC and migrating to Apple. Since the PC I use is shared with two other users, I've been working on deleting my admin account. However, as I am the user who's been admin ever since the computer...
  4. Can't delete an administrator account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to delete account from mail app

How to delete account from mail app: I want to delete an account form the mail app but can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-account-from-mail-app/a3e78e98-d53a-47fc-b27b-b51adc44064c
  6. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts: I have 4 computers running Windows 10. On only 1 of them does the following problem occur. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 I set up Windows 10 Mail with about 9 different E-mail Account addresses including 3 Outlook accounts (1 @Outlook.com and 2 @ hotmail.co.uk). They...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Randomly Deleting E-Mail Accounts: I have 4 computers running Windows 10. On only 1 of them does the following problem occur. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 I set up Windows 10 Mail with about 9 different E-mail Account addresses including 3 Outlook accounts (1 @Outlook.com and 2 @ hotmail.co.uk). They...
  9. Can't delete Mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Mail account: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I've been trying to delete an account, but when I click the account, the pop-up for dealing with the account doesn't show up--it just flashes on and off without giving me the chance to work with account. How do I make the pop-up stay...
  10. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...