Windows 10: Can't delete all but last restore point in the usual manner.

Discus and support Can't delete all but last restore point in the usual manner. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Been deleting all but last restore point for a very long time.Now it doesn't work the usual way.Anyone else had this problem? 92298 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eore, Aug 27, 2017.

1. eore Win User

Can't delete all but last restore point in the usual manner.

Been deleting all but last restore point for a very long time.Now it doesn't work the usual way.Anyone else had this problem?

:)

2. Want to restore before update - not given option to.

Hi all - My PC updated last night and since then I can't get to most of my music on wmp and I want rid of Cortana. I tried to restore to a point before the update but it will only give me the one restore point and that was after the update was installed.
    Usually I can check a box that allows me to see older restore points - this time, it isn't showing. Can anyone please help? Samantha.

SamanthaCox_902, Aug 27, 2017
  3. Cannot install WMDC

Hello. No problem. Still trying to figure out what happened with the uninstall/reinstall. LOL. A restore point is usually made when you install programs or it can be set manually at Start> All programs>Accessories>System Tools>system restore. The restore
    point is the image of the computer at that time. So if your computer acts up from a bad install, update, or whatever, you can go to that restore point and the computer should function per the image made at that time. I usually use it as the last resort if
    I can't seem to fix the problem. Just curious, did WMDC finally show up in the add/remove program list?

Resourceful, Aug 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 27, 2017
  5. eore Win User
    Thanks for the link,been using option 2 for years,now it doesn't work.Went into settings and deleted it that way but
    does not keep the last one,oh what the hell.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested Option 2 on my system with Windows 10 build 16273, and it still deleted all but the latest restore point for me.

Was it a really old restore point?

Brink, Aug 28, 2017
  7. eore Win User
    No,it wasn't but I might have done something wrong in option 2.I will try it again.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. It'll be interesting to hear your results. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete all but last restore point in the usual manner. - Similar Threads - Can't delete last

2. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  3. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  4. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  5. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. stuck at deleting all restore points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck at deleting all restore points: hi there, My device is stuck at deleting all restore points as in the screenshot. How to fix it? It happened before but forgot how it got[ATTACH] fixed....
  7. OK to delete ALL Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OK to delete ALL Restore Points?: I uninstalled McAfee Total Protection..., and ran their cleanup tool (Huge!). I want to install MBAM, but want system to release these old McAfee Restore Point files first! In the old XP days- I opened "Create a Restore Point Twice/Deleted All Restore Points/Reboot.- Is it...
  8. All Restore Points Keep Getting Deleted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Restore Points Keep Getting Deleted.: For some reason my Windows 10 Desktop computer can't seem to keep any restore points. I manually create a restore point, and it seems they get deleted right away. All Restore points, not just a few. System restore has been enabled on all drives, there is plenty of space,...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. バックアップ 0x8100036