Windows 10: Can't Delete Backups

Discus and support Can't Delete Backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by stealth2920, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Can't Delete Backups

Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy blocks that type of file". Never had this issue before. Can delete if I boot in safe mode, but never had to do that before.

Nevermind. Found the problem "It's part of Macrium Image Guardian, a new anti-ransomware feature introduced for 7.1".

:)

stealth2920, Mar 26, 2018
  2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Can't Delete Backups [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageCan't Delete Backups :).

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Mar 26, 2018
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Mar 26, 2018
  4. RolandJS Win User

Can't Delete Backups

Yep, if I need to delete MR image(s), I flag both boxes, that way, on next reboot, the protection returns *Smile

RolandJS, Mar 27, 2018
  5. Word Man Win User
    You delete the backups from with Macrium's interface no problem without having to switch MIG off and then back on. Go to restore tab and select the image you want to delete, drop down "other actions" and you can delete that way without interference.

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/di...e+backup+files

Word Man, Mar 27, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Word Man, I learned something new today from you, thanks!

RolandJS, Mar 28, 2018
  7. Word Man Win User
    Happy to help!

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Delete Backups

1. Can't Delete Backups - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Backups

2. Its delete file backup no delete safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its delete file backup no delete safe?: Hi. i was trying to clear trash thing in my laptop local disk C: and i found a gigantic file that up to 6 gb and it said "file backup no delete" so its safe to just delete it?...
  3. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  4. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  5. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. delete backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete backup files: my windows backup files are taking storage in D drive , how to completey delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-backup-files/62c66206-8c6c-4ea1-8f75-fb4fa99d5661
  7. Delete Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Backup: So I made a backup and put on file history but I notice that 400gb of my space is gone from my hard drive is there any way i can delete my backup that I made? Because I want my storage back....
  8. Deletion of backup

Deletion of backup: I haven't been backing up my file history for about six months and so the file history started backing up locally . I've recently backed up my file history to my external hard disk and now I want to delete the backups stored locally . How do I do that?...
  9. deleted data backup

deleted data backup: any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250
  10. Macrium defect - can't delete a backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium defect - can't delete a backup: Hi there I'm trying to move / copy some macrium backup files to different HDD's. Windows 1803 (current "Normal" windows build with latest Macrium update gives me following error [img] Easy enough to delete and move using Linux live distro or KYHI disk - but this error...