Windows 10: Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13

Discus and support Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have created a nine page document in Word 13. (OS is Windows 10.) While editing, I intended to draw a dividing line in the pages consisting of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Al Millstein, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13

I have created a nine page document in Word 13. (OS is Windows 10.) While editing, I intended to draw a dividing line in the pages consisting of several asterisks. In doing so, the line converted itself into a dotted line of bold black squares extending the entire width of the pages.
    Now, that black line ubiquitously inserts itself in various unexplainable locations throughout my document. I cannot delete it; I cannot control it. I cannot find any Help information regarding it.
    What have I done? How do I get rid of it? *sarc

:)

Al Millstein, Oct 21, 2016
  2. Shad_86 Win User

Mouse Working in MS Word 2010

The small, single line cursor is difficult to find when editing a word page. Is there any way to make the single line darker, bold? I spend a lot of time trying to find the cursor so that I can position it on or in front of the word I want to correct.

Shad_86, Oct 21, 2016
  3. marketplace won't open...

I open the marketplace app, and all that shows up is the work "applications" in big white bold letters across the top.

Why can't I search apps?

GeraldCusack, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13

Are you using only English-language Fonts in the document? Have you tried deleting the lines manually [it may be tedious]?

A note: there is no Word 13, but you probably meant Office 2013 which contains Word Version 15 along with other applications in the suite. Office 2010 is version 14. I have 2010 on a Desktop and 2013 on a Notebook. Office 2007 contained version 12 for the applications. There's small differences between the versions, sometimes important, sometimes not. Click File, Help to see the version.

Berton, Oct 21, 2016
  5. Actually, I just found the answer to my problem, buried in huge volumes of Microsoft Help messages. The lines are managed as "borders," controlled under the Borders down arrow, under the HOME Tab. you have to specify "No Borders." Seems counter-intuitive to me, Microsoft.

There is a Word 2013. It is so designated in my Control Panel, as well as in the list of Apps in the lower left hand corner of my Windows 10 desktop. My error in calling it Word 13.

Thanks for the help.

Al

Al Millstein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13

1. Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13 - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Bold

2. Delete Bold Clock at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Bold Clock at Startup: How do I remove large, bold Clock, placed middle top of screen, after last update. It appears just at startup then goes away. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-bold-clock-at-startup/e446cf72-9abf-49b3-b84a-59aecc17c3cc
  3. Delete Bold Clock at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Bold Clock at Startup: How do I remove large, bold Clock, placed middle top of screen, after last update. It appears just at startup then goes away. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-bold-clock-at-startup/e446cf72-9abf-49b3-b84a-59aecc17c3cc
  4. Delete Bold Clock at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. White lines across the blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White lines across the blue screen: Windows 10 has installed updates and now on boot I see white lines on a blue screen or just a black screen. I spent a lot of time to find a solution to launch: replace the files atikmdag.sys, atikmpag.sys in the '\system32\drivers' folder with files from the Windows 8 driver...
  8. There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen

There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen: Brand new PC - Windows 10 Graphics Card: GEFORCE GTX 1669 Super From initial load to setting up windows these lines have appears. I downloaded/install all windows updated And downloaded/installed NVIDA experience gaming plus driver. I've also tried multiple screens 2x...
  9. Printer prints arbitrary bold lines

Printer prints arbitrary bold lines: I'm using Windows 10 and find that documents created without any bold fonts look fine on the screen but print some lines bold. I have a Canon Pixma 7160 printer and have updated the drivers in the hope that it might fix the problem but without any success. Any suggestions?...
  10. Blue lines across monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blue lines across monitor: Hello i have been recently experiencing an issue where there are blue lines across my monitor when i watch a movie or play games also it looks like its on one half of the screen Snaggy - easy screenshots here is what it looks like 52910