Windows 10: Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

Discus and support Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danielzxzx, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried using an unlocker tool as well as taking ownership of the file but everything has failed.

Any other suggestions?

:)

Danielzxzx, Jun 24, 2017
  2. ozshell72 Win User

x6 .sis removal

Having trouble finding the .sis files on file manager to remove them. Cant delet cause it says I dont have permission, the files are corrupt. HELP!!!

ozshell72, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Files corrupted file can't be removed

I'm running windows 10 (64bit) that Microsoft just downloaded for me do to a previous computer crash.

Some how two files in C:\Users\Jake\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallSWTOR have become corrupted during SWTOR download. Both have no known owner and no permissions. I can't see there permissions, cant delete them, can't move them, can't shred them, can't change
    their permissions. One of the files looks like Chinese language and the other is SETUP.EXE. I can't install SWTOR because this file is corrupted.

Anyone know how I can delete these files?

I found an answer on another post by Fredrik Long. I used the dos command function to delete the files. On my HP I presses repeatedly F11 during power up/ boot. then followed the menu until I got the command prompt. Used the old DOS commands (cd = change
    directory, del = delete" to delete the bad files.

hopeful1fornow, Jun 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

1. Delete it from outside Windows (Windows must not be running). E.g. boot to a command prompt (You could do that by SHIFT + left click on Restart)

or boot from a bootable disk.
    -Win 10 bootable medium; Repair your computer, Troubleshooting.....
    - other bootable disk e.g. Kyhi's from the top of the Software and Apps section here.

2. More generally:
    Can't move or rename folders Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    See post #10

and
    Fix: An Unexpected Error Is Keeping You From Renaming The Folder (Error 0x80007005) In Windows 10/8/7

dalchina, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
  6. Thanks for the replies. Will definitely look into Kyhi's tool for future use since I've actually managed to delete it using a different unlocker tool that did the trick.

Danielzxzx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

1. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Corrupted

2. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  3. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  6. Deleting corrupted files

Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  7. Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file

Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file: Hi all, I recently ran into some issues with google chrome not working correctly and had to do a rather complicated uninstall. One of the suggestions involved deleting all users with permission to access chrome in the security settings. I tried a few other things too and...
  8. Admin Can't delete files without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Can't delete files without permission: When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder....
  9. File Permissions for all files

File Permissions for all files: I'm running windows 10. I am tired of a) files that I know are on my computer not showing up in searches and b) being denied permission to access or change the contents of files. What is the quickest way to give me (and the search function in Windows 10) access to every...
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete corrupted files due to permission