Windows 10: Can't delete/edit Outlook contact folder because it is read only

Discus and support Can't delete/edit Outlook contact folder because it is read only in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've used Windows Live mail as my primary email, but I understand that it's not going to be supported after December 2016, so I opened Outlook and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MNMary, Dec 30, 2016.

1. MNMary Win User

Can't delete/edit Outlook contact folder because it is read only

I've used Windows Live mail as my primary email, but I understand that it's not going to be supported after December 2016, so I opened Outlook and tried to set it up, but the I'm having a hard time importing my contacts from Windows Live mail. I exported the contacts from Windows Live mail to a folder on the desktop, but when I try to import it into Outlook, I got the following error: Error in syncing [800CCCD2-0-0-322]

And I also found that the Contact folder in Outlook is read only, so I can't Delete any of the contacts.

Most important to me is how can I change the read only attribute in the contact folder? I would also like to import my contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong in importing contacts to Outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mary

:)

MNMary, Dec 30, 2016

2. Can't sync & edit Birthday calendar all platform of calendar app

Hi,

I can't able to edit my birthday events in Windows 10 desktop calendar app, and android outlook app. There is no option to edit. and outlook desktop app showing error "Calendar are read only folder not accessible"

VinOth_VingO, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Windows Phone 8 – Outlook sync error code: 80070057

Hello, thank you but I already read this article and identifie the problematic folder: my "contact" folder has a CLRF and I need to rename or to delete it, my problem is I am not allowed to rename or to delete it because it is a "built-in" folder in outlook.

Thibault L, Dec 30, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Dec 30, 2016
  5. MNMary Win User
    My biggest problem is that my contact folder is read only. How can I change the attributes for this folder?

MNMary, Dec 30, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Did you follow the information in the link I posted? Instead of asking how to change a folder that is owned by the System, go through the instructions in the link.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete/edit Outlook contact folder because it is read only - Similar Threads - Can't delete edit

2. Read Only Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Only Folders: My folders have suddenly become marked as Read Only and I can't change it. In the Security tab all the permissions that have been allowed are checked, but grayed out. I haven't changed anything in regards to my system other than installing Windows updates. I'm running Windows...
  3. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  4. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  5. Unable to find, edit, or delete contacts in Win 10 Mail not Outlook.

Unable to find, edit, or delete contacts in Win 10 Mail not Outlook.: I've read the report of going to Start, typing Contacts, clicking on the "gear" settings icon in the bottom left corner. There IS no gear icon there. I've tried the "search" feature for a name that will appear when I begin typing it for a new E-mail. The search feature won't...
  6. Read only folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read only folders: Hi I am using windows 10 Home addition. And I am facing two problems. 1. My folders in laptop has become read-only. I have tried to un-check read-only from properties, and as well as from CMD prompt window by using Attrib -R +S\ command. But still no luck. for your...
  7. Can't remove read-only from folders

Can't remove read-only from folders: How to remove read-only from folders. All searched helps don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-read-only-from-folders/aea3e09c-34ed-4f11-a009-ab70939d8b66
  8. Read-only folders

Read-only folders: All folders on both computers on my home network have become read-only; the files within them are not showing as read-only, but cannot be amended due to the folder permissions. I have tried the solutions referenced on line using security permissions, allowing inheritance etc....
  9. Can't disable Read-Only on folders

Can't disable Read-Only on folders: When I try to disable Read-Only it just keep undoing my action I'v treid every solution from here:https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/ I really don't know what to do....
  10. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to delete a contact in outlook and get a message cannot make changes to this read only folder

2. cant delete contacts from outlook read only

3. outlook read only contacts how to delete

4. can not edit the contact folder this is a read only folder outlook,
  5. remove read only contacts from outlook,
  6. outlook 365 contacts folder read only,
  7. cant delete outlook contact,
  8. cant delete contacts from outlook read only error,
  9. cant delete outlook read only docs,
  10. outlook contacts read-only folder,
  11. contact folder read only folder,
  12. outlook delete contact read only folder,
  13. cannot delete contact due to a read only folder microsoft 2016,