Windows 10: Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

Discus and support Can't delete favorite in IE 11. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot. Henry [img] 68657 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot.

Henry

Can't delete favorite in IE 11. [​IMG]

:)

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  2. me777& Win User

Favorites missing from menu

IE 11 on Windows 10

All of a sudden, my Favorites don't show up under the Favorites menu. Instead I see [Empty].

The Favorites folder is fine and they are still visible and work from Favorites / Organize Favorites in the menu and "View Favorites" under the Star icon. I have tried resetting IE and deleting the Favorites folder and restoring it: no change. I can't find
    a FixIt for IE11 on Win 10.

Suggestions?

me777&, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, no I.E. favorites

Hi Pam,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the below support article and check if that helps.

Use favorites to save websites you like
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

If its issues with organizing your favorites, I suggest you to clear the browser cache and check

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...e-browsing-history-internet-explorer#ie=ie-11

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Henry, *Smile

It may just be ghost. See if refreshing (F5) the window will get rid of it.

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Will try right now.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Hewjr100 Win User
    No luck with f5 it won't delete in IE 11 either.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if restarting the computer may clear it then.

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  8. Hewjr100 Win User

Yep I did that, if you noticed in the two attachments, the first one had all my folders, the second one I deleted all but the one you see. Google was not help either.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if deleting the "Favorites Bar" folder itself will also include deleting it.

Be sure to copy the other items in the "Favorites Bar" folder first to make it easy to copy back later.

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  10. Hewjr100 Win User
    Here is the results.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you move the Favorites folder or your user profile folder?

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  12. Hewjr100 Win User
    No, actually all I did was import favorites from google chrome. It did not give an option to import from ms edge, or firefox. Anyway I was checking each folder to make sure all my links were there, when I got to Govt & Med folder it would not open, so that's when I tried to delete it so I could recreate it.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd. You might see if completely resetting Internet Explorer, and importing your favorites again afterwards may work this time around.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
  14. Hewjr100 Win User
    Reset selecting option to delete personal settings. Restarted and the SOB is still there. It's almost 7 pm NY time, gotta give the rest of the evening to the wifey. Will try again tomorrow.

Henry

Hewjr100, Nov 1, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. Let's try deleting the folder from an elevated command prompt using the command below. It's a command to delete the Favorites Bar folder (aka: "Links").

RD /S /Q "C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites\Links"

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't delete favorite in IE 11. - Similar Threads - Can't delete favorite

2. Delete a Favorite??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a Favorite??: How can I delete a Favorite I no longer want in my Favorites list?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-favorite/8e4eff2c-801c-4dc1-90b9-aa44a11f18a2
  3. Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11: Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots: [img] [img] Henry PS No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens. 73232
  4. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11: I know everybody is switching to Edge, I'm not real crazy about it. My problem is with IE 11. When I add a link in "add to favorites" I can see it. Once I close my desktop PC down for the night, the next time I open it those links are gone. I have checked the favorites folder...
  5. Lost Windows 10 Favorites: IE can't find it

in Browsers and Email
    Lost Windows 10 Favorites: IE can't find it: Hi, I hope someone can help. I'm running Windows 10 32bit V. 1709. I have two partitions, one with the OS and one with DATA. As I occasionally restore my OS with a system image, I moved all my Personal folders over to the DATA partition, including Desktop, Documents .... and...
  6. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?: I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these devices? I can't find a clear answer to this question. In Windows 7 I synced them by putting them in OneDrive. 57724
  7. Favorites gone invisible ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites gone invisible ie 11: Hello I have a strange problem on my pc My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain On my laptop it is working fine ?? I...
  8. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites icons changed to ie icons: I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they...
  9. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199
  10. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414