Windows 10: Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

Discus and support Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots: [img] [img] Henry PS No error message, right click, click on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots:

Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11 [​IMG]

Henry

PS No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens.

:)

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  2. me777& Win User

Favorites missing from menu

IE 11 on Windows 10

All of a sudden, my Favorites don't show up under the Favorites menu. Instead I see [Empty].

The Favorites folder is fine and they are still visible and work from Favorites / Organize Favorites in the menu and "View Favorites" under the Star icon. I have tried resetting IE and deleting the Favorites folder and restoring it: no change. I can't find
    a FixIt for IE11 on Win 10.

Suggestions?

me777&, Dec 23, 2016
  3. all of a sudden my favorites bar is empty!! missing a lot of my go to sites!!

Hey,

Thanks for reply.

Please check if you can find the favorites listed in the Favorites folder in Windows Explorer.

You may check the default location of the Favorites to see if the Favorite folders has the contents.

If you see the Favorites in the folder, then copy it to a different location and delete the Folder and try adding the Favorites back to the Folder and check.

C:\Users\userName\Favorites

For further information, refer to the article:

Add to, view, and organize favorites

If the issue persists, you may try to reset Internet Explorer settings and check.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Anusha Verma, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Ivan4you Win User

Did you try this in safe mode?

Ivan4you, Dec 23, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    No, how do I start windows 10 in safe mode.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Ivan4you Win User
    When you start your computer you must repeatedly push F8 en then you will see safe mode.

Ivan4you, Dec 23, 2016
  7. Hi:

Actually, AFAIK F8 does not work for Windows 10.

Brink's excellent tutorial explains the options:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Let us know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 23, 2016
  8. Hewjr100 Win User

Googled it, was able to start in safe mode by holding down shift key and restart. Still could not delete folder.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  9. Hi:

Uncle Google is often good.
    Brink's tutorials here are often even better.*Smile

Alas, I do not use IE, so I cannot help much.

It would help to know the exact text of any error message you might be seeing when you try to delete it.

(It sounds as if it might be some kind of permissions problem...)

In any event, I'm just curious: why is it so important to delete the folder?

MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 23, 2016
  10. Hewjr100 Win User
    No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  11. Hewjr100 Win User
    As far as permissions go I have user account settings set to never notify, bottom of the list, done this since windows 7 with no problems.

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  12. Hewjr100 Win User
    Gonna try from administrative command prompt, what is the command to remove a folder

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  13. Hewjr100 Win User

Tried it, does not work either: c:\users\hewjr\favorites del Links prompts with y or n, I select y, but when I open ie 11 it's still there.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  14. Hewjr100 Win User
    Here is the output:

C:\>cd usersC:\Users>
    cd hewjr
    C:\Users\Hewjr>
    cd favoritesC:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites>
    dir/w
    Volume in drive C has no label. Volume Serial Number is 92CB-C934 Directory of
    C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites
    [.] [..] [Links]
    0 File(s) 0 bytes 3 Dir(s)
    532,471,422,976 bytes free
    C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites>del *.*
    C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites\*.*
    Are you sure (Y/N)?
    y
    C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites>dir/w Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 92CB-C934
    Directory of C:\Users\Hewjr\Favorites
    [.] [..] [Links] 0 File(s) 0 bytes 3 Dir(s) 532,471,422,976 bytes free

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
  15. Hewjr100 Win User
    MoxeiMomma, just want it out of there, not using ie11 anyway, but it irks me that I cannot delete it.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11 - Similar Threads - Can't delete favorites

2. Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted: Windows 10 21H1Ill play a game, and when i load the game, Windows Will Suddenly DELETE my Favorites Folders... ALL of themwhen i goto the folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsIts empty, where once i had 15 destinations,...
  3. Delete a Favorite??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a Favorite??: How can I delete a Favorite I no longer want in my Favorites list?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-favorite/8e4eff2c-801c-4dc1-90b9-aa44a11f18a2
  4. Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorite in IE 11.: Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot. Henry [img] 68657
  5. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11: I know everybody is switching to Edge, I'm not real crazy about it. My problem is with IE 11. When I add a link in "add to favorites" I can see it. Once I close my desktop PC down for the night, the next time I open it those links are gone. I have checked the favorites folder...
  6. Lost Windows 10 Favorites: IE can't find it

in Browsers and Email
    Lost Windows 10 Favorites: IE can't find it: Hi, I hope someone can help. I'm running Windows 10 32bit V. 1709. I have two partitions, one with the OS and one with DATA. As I occasionally restore my OS with a system image, I moved all my Personal folders over to the DATA partition, including Desktop, Documents .... and...
  7. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?: I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these devices? I can't find a clear answer to this question. In Windows 7 I synced them by putting them in OneDrive. 57724
  8. Favorites gone invisible ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites gone invisible ie 11: Hello I have a strange problem on my pc My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain On my laptop it is working fine ?? I...
  9. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites icons changed to ie icons: I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they...
  10. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete favorite ie11

2. ie 11 cant delete from favorites