Windows 10: Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history

Discus and support Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sometimes, I can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history until the system is restarted. [img] 20070 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by S Malik, Aug 29, 2015.

1. S Malik Win User

Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history

Sometimes, I can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history until the system is restarted.

Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history [​IMG]

:)

S Malik, Aug 29, 2015

2. Removing a password

Hi John,

You can delete browser caches and cookies which will delete the stored password. If you used Internet Explorer to access that website and store password, then you can follow the steps below.

Clear Browsing history and Caches.

Follow the link below and clear browsing history.

View and delete your browsing history

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-browsing-history-internet-explorer#ie=ie-11

(Make sure you check the box for Password and then clear cache.)

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Message that I must update my browser. Frequent security window "This page is accessing information that is not under it's control"

Hello Dale,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you clear browsing history of Internet Explorer 11. Here's the link:

View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer.

Read through To delete browsing history in Internet Explorer 11 and Internet Explorer 10 under the title
    Delete your browsing history.

Note: Backup your saved Favorites first before deleting browser history.

We also suggest that you turn off the add-ons. Here's the link:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

Read through To turn off add-ons under the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Aug 29, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Use Ccleaner, it wipes all browsing history.

CCleaner - Download

After you click delete, (on the pic you have above) it brings up another window with check boxes. Could you post a snip of how it is now please ?

AddRAM, Aug 29, 2015
  5. S Malik Win User
    S Malik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history - Similar Threads - Can't delete Internet

2. Disable "delete browsing history on explorer and google" without gpedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable "delete browsing history on explorer and google" without gpedit: Hello, I have the home version of miscrosoft and want to ensure my kids cannot delete their browsing history. I looked online but you always need the gpedit but I don't have it. Could you help please? Thanks...
  3. BROWSING HISTORY

in Cortana
    BROWSING HISTORY: Good morning. I would like to know why the browsing history keeps on appearing in the PRIVACY of my ACTIVITY PAGE in Microsoft cloud even if CORTANA is not enable in Windows and in Edge and browsing history is turned off?? Thanks...
  4. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  5. BROWSING HISTORY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BROWSING HISTORY: I feel like a Novice here. I have followed my pc instructions in my "Favorites" to delete my "Browsing History" gone to "Settings" and several other places. Still, I have not been able to clear my "Browsing History" or what information is in the CLOUD. ANY assistance will be...
  6. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  7. Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer?: Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer? I'm using Windows 10. The box beside Delete History Upon Exiting is NOT checked. The only History option under Favorites is Search History but that doesn't do anything - I can't search browsing history either....
  8. browsing history

browsing history: how do you disable the ability to delete browsing history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/browsing-history/a311ae00-0e21-4631-b9f5-42007ff74e84"
  9. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  10. No history in Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    No history in Internet Explorer: I read somewhere that Internet Explorer is really part of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10). So should I ask questions about Explorer 11 on this forum or an Explorer 11 forum? Problem is when I hit the star in the upper right hand corner the Favorites tab is ok, the Feeds tab has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to delete browsing history

2. unable to delete internet explorer 11 history

3. cant delete internet explorer history