Windows 10: can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update

Discus and support can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i had just started playing with win 10 calander before the anniversary update installed. Now i can't get rid of the junk i put on there--3 which were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joey7, Oct 7, 2016.

1. joey7 Win User

can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update

i had just started playing with win 10 calander before the anniversary update installed. Now i can't get rid of the junk i put on there--3 which were done daily for a year

any help[ is appreciated thanks

:)

joey7, Oct 7, 2016
  2. acesmum Win User

How do you clear the N97 C Memory

Hi

I have just done a switch from my old phone to the N97 and it has taken up all of the C Memory, I can't see where it is stored and I can't get into applications such as calander to delete the calander items and start again.

Nokia customer care have been very unhelpful and I am hoping that someone out there in the big www might be able to point me in the right direction.

Very disappointed, haven't been able to do anything on my new phone.

Cheers

acesmum, Oct 7, 2016
  3. ckthakkar Win User
    NOKIA E61 SYNCHRONISATION 'SYSTEM ERROR'

Disabling synchronization of Calander and To Do items and enabling after successful synchronization is a simple solution which worked. Thanks.

ckthakkar, Oct 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, try re-registering it: use the command for
    Calendar and Mail
    here:Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If that doesn't work try uninstalling it
    (To remove Calendar and Mail app from current account only)
    *Arrow Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    (see
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    )

and reinstalling it from the Store.

Take the opportunity to have a look at the Tutorial section.. can help with many issues.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
  5. joey7 Win User
    that did not work. It just reloaded user data. is it possible to delete user data for the calander.

thanks for the help

joey7, Oct 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, you could try this, but note it seems Mail and Calendar are very closely linked, so data for Mail should be here too.
    So consider the possible consequences.
    Make a backup of the folder below before doing anything.

Data is supposed to be stored here. How exactly I don't know.
    C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe

You can explore that and try to work out what should be deleted to remove data from the Calendar.
    Otherwise you need to research that or hope someone else is able to advise.

dalchina, Oct 12, 2016
  7. joey7 Win User
    is it possible to install calendar without adding the user data

thanks

joey7, Oct 15, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

If you know where the data is stored, you should be able to remove the calendar (and mail) and delete the user data which as far as I know is kept in the same folder. Not something I've tried personally as I don't generally use universal apps.... too may issues, or too limited, or I have a solution I'm happy with.

This may help:
    windows 10 delete calendar events - AnandTech Forums

dalchina, Oct 15, 2016
  9. joey7 Win User
    i still have the the old calendar event on the pc

any other ideas

joey7, Oct 16, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    1. Do you have that data synced? If so, it will be restored.

Otherwise

2. You could create a new user and transfer to that.

I don't use universal apps 'cos they tend to be restricted and because I don't want problems like this...!

You can research further on how and where the data is held.

dalchina, Oct 16, 2016
  11. joey7 Win User
    what calender and pim do you use

i can't get another user acct for me unless i get a new email adderss

joey7, Oct 17, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you can create a local user (no email address required). MS don't make that so easy- you have to read the prompts carefully. They are determined to try to make people use live ids. That would certainly make sure you are not synching to anything!

I use a very simple freeware desktop calendar with configurable pop-up reminders and repeat events UK's Kalender (UK is the programmer's initials). There will be better ones somewhere.

MS's calendar is clearly designed to be linked with other devices and other software, and so offer a more integrated approach. But being a universal app, it's unfamiliar in terms of poking around and problem solving compared to traditional desktop programs.

I don't use a pim..
    Best Free PIM | Gizmo's Freeware
    Best Free Calendar, Reminder and To-Do Program | Gizmo's Freeware

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
  13. joey7 Win User

is microsoft working on a fix for this problem

joey7, Oct 26, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, I have nothing more beyond suggesting an in-place upgrade repair install.

I've not seen another report of this, so if you think it's a MS problem, suggest you use the Feedback app or report it on their technet site.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2016
  15. eachich64 Win User
    It is very interesting, but you need to cancel updates.

eachich64, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update - Similar Threads - can't delete items

2. Can't delete menu items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete menu items: Having just got a new PC with W.11 I find there are several items in the Start menu that I will have no use for e.g. Booking.com etc & I'd like to remove them.When I right click on the item it shows an Uninstall option some items don't even give that but it only takes me to a...
  3. Can't delete menu items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete menu items: Having just got a new PC with W.11 I find there are several items in the Start menu that I will have no use for e.g. Booking.com etc & I'd like to remove them.When I right click on the item it shows an Uninstall option some items don't even give that but it only takes me to a...
  4. cannot delete items after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete items after most recent update: I had an update on my win 10 MSI laptop yesterday. My desktop also got the same update but only on my laptop is the delete optionright click is completely gone. I cannot delete anything as of now. It wont let me move folders to trash, all searched options for a fix have...
  5. cannot delete items after most recent update

cannot delete items after most recent update: I had an update on my win 10 MSI laptop yesterday. My desktop also got the same update but only on my laptop is the delete optionright click is completely gone. I cannot delete anything as of now. It wont let me move folders to trash, all searched options for a fix have...
  6. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  7. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  8. Deleted Items Can't Restored

9. Aniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Aniversary Update: I run a Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit from Belgium. Reguarly I check for updates: the last system one was on 10 Aug 2016: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)". I expected the Aniversary Update (02 Aug 2016). Winver says I still...
  10. Missing Aniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Aniversary Update: Howdy. I work for a small IT firm and we have been auditing our clients. In this audit we have found a large percentage that have never received the anniversary update. One client in particular with over 50 PCs (Win 10 pro) has about 60% still on build 10586. I have spot...