Windows 10: Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need

Discus and support Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, Suddenly Keyboard layouts for US and UK appeared ! Tried every thing to remove them with no success Tried to edit register keys and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MohamedYousri, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need

Hello All,

Suddenly Keyboard layouts for US and UK appeared ! Tried every thing to remove them with no success

Tried to edit register keys and removed the keys for the other keyboards but with no success

I just need English and Arabic the first two

Any help ?

Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need [​IMG]

:)

MohamedYousri, Nov 19, 2017
  2. HollyLevy Win User

keyboard language keeps on changing on restart

I had this problem but my solution only works if you only need one keyboard. I have a French keyboard but I type in English mainly and sometime French. I deleted the English keyboard, but kept English as a language.

To do this:

Go into "Language Preference" - you can do this on the language icon next to the clock on the taskbar

Click "Region and Language"

Click on the language where you don't need the keyboard. In my instance "English* and choose "options" and delete the keyboard that you don't need.

English is still my default language for typing but the keys on the keyboard now correspond to their actual layout on the actual keyboard - it's a french layout "QWERTZ" rather than "QWERTY".

HollyLevy, Nov 19, 2017
  3. how to remove keyboard layout on Windows 10?

All right, I realize I'm dense. But the instructions need to be clearer for those of us who just aren't getting it.

1. Under Language: English, select options.

2. ADD KEYBOARD, select the one that matches your physical keyboard (in my case Swedish).

3. NOW you can delete the US keyboard from the list, so Windows never defaults back to it.

Explanation: You can't have zero keyboards for a language.

I was somehow assuming that I could just remove the US keyboard and the computer would default to the only other one installed, which was installed under the Swedish language options.

One support person did tell me to "add language", but the LANGUAGE Swedish was already installed. What I needed to add was the KEYBOARD.

Apollo Smintheus, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need

Are you using a United Kingdom Language Pack and a Windows OS that was purchased/intended for sale in the UK?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 20, 2017
Thema:

Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need

1. Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need - Similar Threads - Can't delete keyboard

2. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  3. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  4. Can't delete 3 keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete 3 keyboard languages: In my pc's keyboard language configurations I have only installed 2 keyboards Spanish Bolivia, spanish keyboard and English US, US keyboard but for some reason sometimes 3 more appear: spanish Bolivia, latinoamerica keyboard spanish Mexico, latinoamerica keyboard and spanish...
  5. Can't delete 3 keyboard languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete 3 keyboard languages: In my pc's keyboard language configurations I have only installed 2 keyboards Spanish Bolivia, spanish keyboard and English US, US keyboard but for some reason sometimes 3 more appear: spanish Bolivia, latinoamerica keyboard spanish Mexico, latinoamerica keyboard and spanish...
  6. Can't delete 3 keyboard languages

7. there is a keyboard that I can't delete

there is a keyboard that I can't delete: I reinstalled my system today and found a keyboard input method: AlbanianUS keyboard But when I opened my setting trying to delete it, I can't find it on the language list. What should I do?...
  8. there is a keyboard that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is a keyboard that I can't delete: I reinstalled my system today and found a keyboard input method: AlbanianUS keyboard But when I opened my setting trying to delete it, I can't find it on the language list. What should I do?...
  9. Can't delete language

Can't delete language: Please help with deleting language from Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-language/13aef597-71a7-4b2e-8d94-c616041e8611
  10. Windows keeps adding languages and keyboard layouts that I don't need.

Windows keeps adding languages and keyboard layouts that I don't need.: Hello there. My system's default language is Russian. I have two input languages set up: Russian and English (UK) with the US International keyboard layout. However, several times every day Windows adds something to the language panel. It either adds the US keyboard layout...