Windows 10: Cant Diagnose Crashes

Discus and support Cant Diagnose Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my new computer. It's custom built all new parts (i7-6700K, 4x8GB 2400mhz , GTX 980 Ti Hybrid , Asus Sabertooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Porebski, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Porebski Win User

Cant Diagnose Crashes

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with my new computer.
    It's custom built all new parts (i7-6700K, 4x8GB 2400mhz , GTX 980 Ti Hybrid , Asus Sabertooth z170) asides from the PSU (Corsair HX850W). Windows 10 is installed ( upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate ) on a 120GB Kingston SSD, and I am using a 2TB HDD for storing everything.
    It has been acting up recently and giving me random crashes.
    The crashes aren't BSOD however there was one (not sure if it's related to the real problem or not) which the dump file is attached.
    The crash essentially freezes the whole pc , black screen , with the audio going haywire ( terrible crumpling like sound) , forcing a hard reset.

Steps I have taken :
    Ran sfc /scannow multiple times , no violations in integrity.
    After I post this I intend to run CHKDSK and Memtest 86.
    After said above I will run Verifier to exclude drivers.

I'm really new to these things so asides from the research I have done on the internet I have no clue what I am doing
    - I'm in your hands.

Hope we can get this fixed,
    Thanks,

Edit : Just ran a full virus scan with Kaspersky , no threats.
    Edit2: Memtest 86 came up with no errors.

:)

Porebski, Mar 30, 2016

2. Blue screens on a desktop. Including Crash dumps. They include: Critical-Process-Died, Memory-Management, IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less

Jason

It simply can not be ntoskrnl as that is one of the main OS processes. It NEVER crashes because if there is something wrong with it the system will not boot. No idea where you are seeing it say the cause is Ntoskrnl

If you cant get it to crash and they can, they are doing something to make it crash. Perhaps it is networking, perhaps it is the power source there. It can be anything and it is impossible to diagnose via third party.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 30, 2016
  3. retrod Win User
    Investigate/Resolve frequent blue screen crashes

Hi All,

I seem to have regular crashes on my Windows 10 laptop whilst playing Battlefield 1.

I haven't really had any crashing issues and havent installed any new hardware.

The crashes occur randomly mid-game (i cant seem to find any obvious correlation).

I am led to believe that it may be a driver issue.

Is anyone able to assist/advise how I can diagnose what is causing the blue screen crashes and fix?

EDIT: for some reason I cant reply (the web page just idles) but thanks for your response Rob.

Here is a link to the latest 3 minidump files, any assistance/guidance would be much appreciated.

minidump.zip

Cheers,

David

retrod, Mar 30, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

Cant Diagnose Crashes

I guess you were playing "The Division" whilst having this BSOD?
    Did you overclock your CPU ? Reason for asking:

Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz"MaxSpeed: 4000 CurrentSpeed: 4008[/quote] Do you have BSOD only whilst gaming or also with "normal" use?

zztemp, Mar 30, 2016
  5. Porebski Win User
    Indeed the CPU was overclocked then.
    However since the BSOD I have return to stock defaults but the crashes still persist.
    They usually happen whilst gaming but they're not BSOD as I said in my initial post, my pc freezes, black screen with a screeching like noise.

Porebski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cant Diagnose Crashes

1. Cant Diagnose Crashes - Similar Threads - Cant Diagnose Crashes

2. Help Diagnose Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnose Crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nn_MTCQ3aH5I_y81XbV1YHBfsZQFzcNH/view?usp=share_link - dmp linkSo I had everything working a few days ago but in attempting to fix an issue with Valorant Vangaurd flagging Windows Sonic I did a Fresh install of windows using UEFI, updated all...
  3. Help Diagnose Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Diagnose Crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nn_MTCQ3aH5I_y81XbV1YHBfsZQFzcNH/view?usp=share_link - dmp linkSo I had everything working a few days ago but in attempting to fix an issue with Valorant Vangaurd flagging Windows Sonic I did a Fresh install of windows using UEFI, updated all...
  4. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  5. Diagnosing a System Crash

Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  6. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Assistance Diagnosing Constant Crashes

Assistance Diagnosing Constant Crashes: Hi,My Aurora R11 PC randomly crashes even when under light load. I reinstalled Windows from scratch and encountered the same issue within 30 minutes of startup. I have received 3 crashes in the past 2-3 hours. My display will go blank and indicate no signal, then the fan...
  8. Assistance Diagnosing Constant Crashes

Assistance Diagnosing Constant Crashes: Hi,My Aurora R11 PC randomly crashes even when under light load. I reinstalled Windows from scratch and encountered the same issue within 30 minutes of startup. I have received 3 crashes in the past 2-3 hours. My display will go blank and indicate no signal, then the fan...
  9. Diagnosing a system crash

Diagnosing a system crash: Hello, This computer is crashing and failing to produce minidumps. This computer had been operating in a stable way for the past three years, and it was already used then. This happens some days (up to five times), not on others, and using any software or not. Config:...
  10. Diagnosing PC Crash

Diagnosing PC Crash: Hi, I did a hard reset of my laptop after it began to crash when I tried to log in. It didn’t help the issue but everything seemed to be working smoothly after I went into Safe Mode. I then proceeded to go through the non-Windows apps in the msconfig command prompt and it...