Windows 10: Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Discus and support Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gabgab, Jun 1, 2018.

1. gabgab Win User

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

Hi there,

I would like to disable Auto dimming on my ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, I tried to disable Adaptive Brightness from the Power Options and also switching off from Intel's graphic card control centre the Power Saving Technology thing but nothing changed.

Right now I am on battery, on sunlight coming from out of the window and I can see the notebook playing some funny stuff with the dimming anyway.

It seems to be related to when you switch from a dark background - say ACDsee photo viewer - back to file explorer that has a white background.

How to fix?

thanks!

:)

gabgab, Jun 1, 2018
  2. YihongLiu Win User

Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Jun 12, 2018
  3. bjosh27 Win User
    Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

i have been looking for a fix for this for a few days and everyone else that ask has been asking for laptop and non for desktop. i want to disable to the auto brightness/dimming on windows 10. it is extremely annoying when i'm playing a game and it comes
    to the dark part the whole screen start to dim which makes it harder to see. i tried going to system and changing it in the power advance setting where i found dimming been removed but instead brightness has been place there. i tried disabling it and it didn't
    stop the auto dimming. does any one have any ideals? i was able to disable it in windows 8 but since i upgrade i cant turn it off.

***Edited subject by the Moderator for clarification***

bjosh27, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently

1. Can't disable auto-dimming from dark to bright background apparently - Similar Threads - Can't disable auto

2. White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness: As of yesterday, my HP EliteBook 840 G6 laptop started to exhibit the same undesirable fluctation of brightness tha my Acer laptop does. Since I never saw this on the EliteBook before, it must be a Windows update occuring 2021-06-13 unluck 13. I tried to follow the...
  3. Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby

Screen auto dimming on dark background and regarding modern standby: I have bought new laptop 5 days ago. I have fully updated my drivers. Now one of major problem i found i background dimming on dark scenes. It quite annoying. My laptop shipped with modern standby feature so in power option i dont have any option to choose any kind of option...
  4. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.: Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two: Turn off adaptive brightness...
  5. Disable auto-dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable auto-dimming: My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim. I've tried going to the power options to...
  6. Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature: What the hell is it?? How come a 1500USD device doesn't have the option to turn off the **** auto brightness option?? I'm a student which cannot keep studying on that way since the autobrightness is **** harm my eyes while trying to read for a few hours every day. You...
  7. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  8. Dim Brightness

Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  9. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...
  10. Need help disabling auto-brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help disabling auto-brightness: Hello ! First of all, this is the system I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m I'm not sure if it's some drivers derping or if it's Windows 10, but I get some annoying auto-brightness. If I go on some page that has a dark background, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows dimming with black background

2. pc dimming dark backgrounds