Windows 10: Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

Discus and support Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pluviosilla, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it docks.

I have also checked the relevant registry key and it is properly disabled, but that is not helping.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Control Panel => Desktop => WindowsArrangementActive = 0

HOW DO I DISABLE THIS FEATURE?

:)

pluviosilla, Oct 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 and IE 11 Tabs

On my windows 10 using IE 11 , I cannot drag the tabs to a new window or even another IE window

I have already reset IE 11, disabled all IE add-ons.

I have even disabled my external monitors as well and just tried on my surface

Any thoughts as to what could cause this and how to fix

Setup

Surface Pro 5 (2017)

Surface Dock 2 BenqGL2460

****Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures****

PaulKuiper1, Oct 25, 2016
  3. I have a Surface Pro 3 docked with an external monitor. All is working fine with display on external monitor only, the SP3 screen is blank.

<Original title: start programs on external monitor>

I have a Surface Pro 3 docked with an external monitor. All is working fine with display on external monitor only, the SP3 screen is blank. I now want to have both screens on and have set Settings|Display to Extend these monitors. This works OK .....

... but when a program is launched it starts on the SP3 screen. I want it to launch on the external monitor - my main working monitor. I don't want to drag it from one monitor to another each time.

How do I launch programs on the external monitor?

Thanks

EshinGodfrey, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

1. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another - Similar Threads - Can't disable docking

2. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  3. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  4. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  6. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  7. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  8. Cannot drag from one screen to another

Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  9. Drag and drop email from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop email from one folder to another: I am trying to move a file from one folder to another personal folder and is not working. When I open up the personal folder the latest emails are a month old. Why can't I move these files and view them?...
  10. dragging messages from one account to another

in Browsers and Email
    dragging messages from one account to another: I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the ability to move messages from one account to the other -- I kept all my archived messages under one account, no matter which one...