Windows 10: Can't display second screen

Discus and support Can't display second screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display". When I do WIN +P, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ekpesco, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Ekpesco Win User

Can't display second screen

When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display".
    When I do WIN +P, I see message "Your PC can't project to another screen". Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. What do I do?

:)

Ekpesco, Nov 22, 2017
  2. afannin1 Win User

display problems

I was trying to hook up a second display to my pc and I accidentally clicked the option to prioritize my second display, and only show up on that display. The problem is I can't see on that second monitor to change the settings, because whenever I plug it
    in my laptop screen goes black. The multiple display settings only appear when the second display is plugged I, so I cannot just unplug the display and change the settings

afannin1, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Projecting to a 2nd screen errors

By recognizes: my surface makes a sound that it's plugged in, tried to go duel screen, then makes another sound that it's disconnected. If i have the display settings open, the 2nd screen will pop up for a second then disappear. Error was that the resolution
    was too high for the second screen but I can't seem to find a way to change it without being plugged in, yet it isn't recognized for enough time to change the setting of projectors resolution due to the display options closing when the second screen "disconnects"

calebduron, Nov 22, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

OK...let's ask the obvious......do you have a second monitor?

Plankton, Nov 22, 2017
  5. What does Device Manager show for Display adapters? On a clean install and first boot to my desktop I'll get that message if I try to extend to my other two monitors. Only the basic display adapter is installed. If I wait 5 minutes of so my NVidia drivers are installed in the background. I see my monitor flicker when that happens. My display adapter then changes to NVidia GeForce GT 640 and I get full use of all three monitors.

alphanumeric, Nov 22, 2017
  6. donaldp Win User
    I have had issues this morning, and this appears to be related to the latest update - not only is my 2nd screen "not detected" anymore, the resolution is all wrong as well. Windows installed a new driver this morning (without a reboot!) and it all went wrong there.

Some have had success by downloading drivers for their graphics card, however I have an ATI Radeon 3000, which is NOT supported anymore (and I've only had it 18 months!). So far it's looking like the only resolution is to revert back to the previous build. :-(

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  7. donaldp Win User
    donaldp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't display second screen - Similar Threads - Can't display second

2. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  3. Second Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  4. Can't resize second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize second display: I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and...
  5. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

Can't Cursor Over To Second Display: I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor" and "The Laptop", arranged in a way so that, if they're right next to each other on the screen, that enables you to cursor...
  6. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

Second Screen Display keeps resizing.: My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings but the empty...
  7. Can't detect second screen

Can't detect second screen: Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. My computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340 My Windows version: Windows 10 Home Updated: I run windows update, the version is the last one...
  8. Can't connect to second screen

Can't connect to second screen: I have a MSI laptop (GL62 model) with HDMI video output and I tried to connect to my old LG monitor with VGA input. This morning I re-installed my windows and 2 monitors is working fine with HDMI to VGA adapter. But then I restart windows, some windows repair happened an then...
  9. Second Display

Second Display: My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-display/a180cb04-7e03-4ca0-b627-271a01317896
  10. Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen: I have two BENQ GL2250 monitors connected to my Lenovo H535s via VGA. On bootup the Lenovo logo displays on monitor #2, and not on monitor #1. Then my usual display comes up on monitor #1 and monitor #2 goes to sleep. Tried HDMI leads too and a combination of HDMI+VGA,...